MENU

Sunday 12 September 2021

Five Flap Concertina Card

After a few weeks' hiatus I was excited to restart my Surprise Saturday mystery card event with a bang--so I knew I needed something really fabulous to share.  This five flap concertina card absolutely fit the bill!

This card looks pretty standard from the front, but open the card....and it is chockfull of fun stuff!!

Five Flap Card

I'm going to provide all the written instructions below, but I wanted to share some details about how you can join in on the live fun too. :)  We all have a stash of supplies that we need to use, so why not attend my Virtual Surprise Saturday meetings and get some inspiration!  It's absolutely free and you can use whatever supplies you have on hand to make something every week--and make some crafty friends at the same time.  There's no commitment to come every week, but I hope you will.  :)  If you're interested in checking it out, please drop me a comment below and I can send you the link to join us next time.

On to the instructions!

Start with a piece of DSP that is 5.25" x 10", and score it at 2", 3", 4", 5", 6", 7" and 8".  This leaves you with a 2" flap at each end, which is how the DSP gets adhered to the card base.  Then  you want to fold on your score lines to create 3 "mountain folds".  When all folded up you would have a 2" x 5.25" rectangle.

For the flaps, take five 1.5" squares of coordinating DSP, and adhere each piece to a 1.75" square of cardstock.  Two of the flaps will get adhered to the first "mountain"; I recommend placing it right against the score line and 1/4" in from the the outer edge.  Be sure to only apply glue to the far left of your flaps so you don't glue your card shut!

One flap gets glued to the middle mountain in the centre (TIP:  partially fold up the DSP and use the previously glued squares to help centre it).  Using the same process, glue the final two flaps to the score line on the third mountain.

To make the base, take a piece of cardstock 5.5" x 8.5" and score it at 4.25", making a standard side-fold card.  Fold up the concertina piece and add glue to the outer 2" flap; adhere it to the inside card base with 1/4" border on three sides.  Apply glue to the other 2" flap and close the card base...this will ensure your card closely nice and flat.

I added a piece of white cardstock, 1.75" x 5" to the right inside of the card, to provide a space to write a personal message and sign.  I added a small sentiment and some matching DSP to decorate this panel.

Fair warning--these cards are super addictive!  Here are some other versions I made...which one is your favourite?













Please feel free to share your version in the comments, I love to see what everyone makes with my Surprise Saturday designs!

Happy Crafting,

Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment