MENU

Wednesday 15 May 2024

Stamping Symphony New In Colour InstaHop

Happy May my friends!  Spring is in full swing and all of the blooms are finally popping, providing a great backdrop for creating with the new 2024-2026 In Colours.  These bright and cheerful colours are just what I need to help leave the gloom of winter behind!  Our Stamping Symphony team is highlighting the 5 new colours--Pretty In Pink, Petunia Pop, Summer Splash, Shy Shamrock, and Peach Pie--for our theme this month, so get ready for some fun!

My card also features a new core colour, Basic Beige, which has quickly become my go-to neutral choice.  It has such a subtle impact while blending seamlessly into the background.

For my card I started with a Basic Beige Cardstock base cut to 4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5".  To that I added a 4" x 5.25" panel, also in Basic Beige, that I embossed with the brand new Eyelet 3C Embossing Folder.   You'll undoubtedly see me using this folder lots in the weeks ahead!

I watercoloured Petunia Pop (by far my favourite new colour), Pretty In Pink, and Summer Splash Inks on a piece of watercolour paper and then die cut the large floral die from the Thoughtful Wishes Dies for a beautiful ombre look.  I love how easily these new colours blend together!

That pretty circle die is the largest from the new Spotlight On Nature Dies.  You get SO MANY pretty decorative circles in this set, it is definitely worth checking out if it hasn't caught your eye yet.  On that circle I stamped the large leaf image from the Thoughtful Wishes Stamp Set in Basic Beige Ink, which added some nice depth to my focal point.  I also splattered some Pretty In Pink Blends ink to help fill in the empty white space.

My sentiment is from the new Unbounded Love Stamp Set and is heat embossed in white ink on a Basic Beige label that I die cut using the coordinating Unbounded Love Dies.  I added a shabby chic bow from Basic Beige Bordered Ribbon; I cut the ribbon in half and tied the bow, then frayed the ribbon for the perfect fuzzy touch.  

I added the sentiment label to my card base with Dimensionals, and then decided to tuck a couple more leaves, die cut from Basic White Cardstock with the Thoughtful Wishes Dies, to add some fullness to my floral bunch. 

I love when I new catalogue launches and I get to play with so many new goodies!  My use of the in colours is small but they are so vibrant they steal the show, and I hope you add one or two to your crafty stash this year.

Please be sure to head to our hop over on Instagram to see what the rest of the team has for you this month, and I'd love for you to leave me a comment before you!

Happy Crafting,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment