MENU

Friday 25 February 2022

Stampin' Friends Fabulous Fun Fold

This hop is going to be EPIC!  I love to make fun folds and 3D projects and I can't wait to see what everyone has created this month.  But first I want to share my projects with you!  

As always, I've bolded the names of the Stampin' Up! products I used to make my projects.  If you are interested in purchasing anything you see and don't already have a demonstrator I would be grateful for your business. :)  

I learned this fun fold at our January team meeting and knew it would be perfect to share today.  This fun fold is actually much easier to make than it looks!  It's created with a combination of score and cut lines, so just make sure you are paying close attention to when to cut, and when to score.

Start with a base that is 8" x 5.5" and SCORE on the long side at 2" and 6" from top to bottom.  Then turn ninety degrees (to the short side) and CUT between the score marks 1.25" in from each side.  Turn the base back to the long side and SCORE at 3" and 5" between your cut marks.  Finally, on the long side SCORE at 4" from the outer edge in to the cut line at the top and bottom.

Voila, a unique, fun and unexpected card base!  Of course the best part is always decorating and with this fun fold there is no end to the spaces to make pretty.  :)

I used the Heart & Home 12" x 12" DSP pack for my card--I adore the white-washed wood paper in this pack and you get SO MUCH of it!  I paired it with Fresh Freesia cardstock along with my favourite green, Soft Sea Foam, and the Stitched Leaves dies.  

I used the coordinating Blessings of Home stamp set for those beautiful floral images, and coloured them lightly with Fresh Freesia and Soft Sea Foam Blends.  I stamped the flowers two times; with one set I used the coordinating Flowers of Home dies to cut around each grouping, with the other I cut a stitched label from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  Once I layered the die cuts behind the label I had this great optical illusion where it seems like the label is just rising out of the die cuts.

I finished off the front of my card with some Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon and Rhinestones.

The back (or inside) of my card is just as decorated as the front, which is what I love about this fun fold!  More stitched cardstock, more DSP , and a pretty little spot in the centre to write a message to the recipient.   If you have lots to say you could replaced one of the stitched panels with a plain white panel instead, but I thought my stamped sentiments really said it all for this card.


I made a matching frame for my 3D project this month.  This is an inexpensive wood frame I purchased from my local craft store, and I decorated it with more of that white-washed DSP from the Heart & Home DSP pack, and a plethora of stamped and coloured flowers.  

I used lots of dimensionals to create various layers for my flowers, and added another die cut label using the same Stitched So Sweetly die.  More bling and ribbon and this is the perfect gift for someone to display and be reminded that they have you!


I am so grateful that you stopped by today.  If you like my projects please leave a comment below, it would make my day!  And please keep hopping along and see everyone's projects by clicking on their names--and leave them comments if you can!

Happy crafting, 

Barb




12 comments :

  1. Simply beautiful card and project! Thanks for sharing. I see a CASE in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love the softness of the colour choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your color choices are so beautiful! The design is lovely! Love your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't given this fun fold a try yet! Such a neat fun fold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects Barb, I love the frame, really pretty, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great can you do a video how to make. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this set. I'm going to make it. Thank you for this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Design & colour choices-gorgeous, Barb. Thank you for the great directions also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. it is amazing and fun

    ReplyDelete