MENU

Tuesday 22 February 2022

#TGIFC356 Sale-A-Bration Layout Challenge

The #TGIFC356 challenge this week was to "case the catty"--or more specifically, case the Sale-A-Bration brochure!  It's easy to forget that the brochure can be used for design inspiration for all kinds of projects, it's an excellent resource when you are looking for a starting point for your next project.

I found my inspiration on page 13 of the brochure:


I haven't reached for my vellum paper for a long time, so this was a nice reminder to pull it out of the cupboard again.  I started with a Garden Green top-folding card base and added a layer of pretty leafy paper from the Heart & Home DSP pack.  


I stamped the large image from the Blessings of Home stamp set in Memento Black ink, and then coloured it with my Blends in Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Soft Sea Foam.  This is not a colour combination I have used before (I think this is the first time I've broken out my Pumpkin Pie Blends!) but I think it really looks nice with the green background.


I die cut my coloured image, as well as a few extra floral pieces, with the coordinating Flowers of Home dies.  When I pulled out my die set I realized that the die for the other floral image is missing!! I hope I find it mixed in with another set, I have used this bundle so much.  :(


Using dimensionals I added the die cut image to the vellum, and then I put Tombow glue on the vellum, hiding it behind the image, and added the entire piece to my card base.  I heat embossed my sentiment, from the Prized Peony stamp set, in white embossing powder on Garden Green cardstock, and then die cut it with one of the Layering Circles dies.  I used the same die set to cut a matching scalloped circle from Soft Sea Foam cardstock as well.  This was added to the floral image with dimensionals--and don't forget a few rhinestones for some sparkle!


The inside of the card showcases another coloured floral image, and my favourite sympathy sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.  This is the best perk of the kits for me--building up my supply of great sentiments for a variety of occasions.



Would you like to play along with the #TGIF group too?  The weekly challenges are open to everyone and it's always fun to see what the other participants were inspired to make.  This is also what I love about my free Surprise Saturday event--the show-and-tell where everyone shares their project.  It never ceases to amaze me how different the same design looks!  We'd love to have you join us.

Happy crafting,
Barb





No comments :

Post a Comment