MENU

Friday 27 May 2022

Stampin' Friends Celebrating Men Blog Hop

We are celebrating men this month on the Stampin' Friends blog hop.  Masculine projects are so tough for me, since I love everything flowery and pastel!  But the new He's The Man Suite makes it so easy to make amazing cards for the men in your life.




There is such a variety of themed paper in the He's The Man Specialty DSP pack that you can choose the perfect fit for the person you are celebrating.  My husband is a big BBQ guy, so I created my projects around this pattern from the pack:


The He's The Man DSP also comes with two sheets of die cuts--which are perfect to quickly and easily decorate your card front.  


For my card, I started with a top-folding card base of Cajun Craze cardstock (4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5").  


I dry embossed piece of Basic White cardstock with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder, which gives such amazing texture to the background.


I layered a 2" x 5.5" strip of the Sahara Sand print onto a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock, leaving a narrow border on each side.  I used the same technique with a 1.75" wide piece of the Cajun Craze striped DSP onto a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  

Using the largest pierced square from the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut a piece of the BBQ paper, and I added a piece of Early Espresso cardstock behind the DSP to give it some more stability.  I added the square to my project with dimensionals.


The "Holy Smokes You're The Best" label was punched from the die cut sheet in the DSP, and adds a great pop of colour to my card.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on Basic White cardstock and then die cut it with a label from the coordinating All That Dies.  I am definitely getting lots of use out of the labels in this die set!  I added some texture to my sentiment label with a small image from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set....I think it adds just the right touch to all that empty white space.  For the final touch I added three Rustic Metallic Dots which I think look like rivets!

The inside of my card uses another sentiment from the He's All That stamp set in Early Espresso, and a 0.75" strip of the BBQ paper.


My 3D project this month is a tag for the BBQ items I am gifting my husband this Father's Day (shh, don't tell!).  


I cut a large Cajun Craze tag from the Tailor Made Tags die set, as well as one size smaller from the BBQ paper in the He's The Man DSP pack.  I popped the DSP up on dimensionals and then added it to the cardstock tag, lining up the pre-cut holes.  I grabbed another die cut from the DSP sheet, layered it onto a piece of Early Espresso cardstock and fussy cut a narrow border around it.


This was popped up on dimensionals too and added to the tag.  I used some more Rustic Metallic Dots to decorate the tag, and tied it onto the tool caddy with some new Sahara Sand Twill Ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my projects before you hop along to see what the rest of the bloggers have for you!

Happy Crafting,
Barb





6 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! I really like the layout of the card--a CASE is in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!! This suite is perfect!!!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this DSP so much that when I opened it I jumped on Facebook live to show it off!! Love this all, thanks for sharing.
    Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic gift, great projects, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete