MENU

Sunday 15 May 2022

Stamping Symphony Everything New Blog Hop

The new annual catalogue went live last week and there is so much goodness inside!  I finally got a chance to play with my new purchases yesterday and it was so hard to decide where to begin. :)  Eventually I decided to start with the Happy Forest Friends Suite--it's been a long time since I made baby cards and as soon as I saw this beautiful paper I knew I would be restoring my stash!


I started with a modified Z-fold card base of Soft Sea Foam cardstock cut to 5.5" x 8.5" and scored at 4.25" and 6 3/8".  Mountain-fold the score lines and you form the letter "Z"!  I cut a second Soft Sea Foam base at 4.25" x 7.25" and scored it at 2.5" and 5", creating three 2.5"-wide panels.

The Happy Forest Friends DSP paper is simply adorable.  The colours and images are perfect for any gender and the patterns are so pretty.  I used four different DSP papers on my card because they are so subtle and soft and coordinate so nicely.

I cut the tone-on-tone Calypso Coral heart pattern paper (bottom right in the picture above) into 1 7/8" by 5.25" panels and layered them onto Pear Pizzazz mats, then adhered them to the front two portions of my larger card base.  For the "inside" of the card I used another pattern from the Happy Forest Friends DSP pack (bottom left above) cut to 4" x 5.25" and layered on another Pear Pizzazz mat.

For the smaller card base I used a piece of the woodland scene paper (bottom middle) cut to 2 1/4" x 4", layered on Pear Pizzazz, and adhered it to the front of the base.  I used a leafy pattern for the middle pattern, also matted, and then stamped my sentiment from the coordinating Happier Than Happy stamp set in Sahara Sand.

To decorate my card I stamped the bear image from the Happier Than Happy stamp set in Grey Granite and cut it out with the coordinating Happy Forest Dies.  I also stamped a fox in Calypso Coral and die cut it for the inside of the card.  He gets completely hidden by the fold and the bear and so is a great surprise when the card is opened.

I stamped the "hello, baby" from the Happier Than Happy stamp set in Calypso Coral and then die cut it with a pierced label from the new Cracker & Treat Box Dies.  This set makes fantastic little boxes and comes with a bunch of different label dies that I know I will get lots of use out of!

For my final decorations I added some Brushed Brash Butterflies around my sentiment, and I also tied some of the new 2022-2024 In Colour Baker's Twine in Sweet Sorbet into a bow.  I glued the smaller base onto the larger base with my Tombow liquid glue offset just a little bit to the left so that more of the inside pattern was visible when the card was closed.  That's the fun of making your own cards--you can adjust to highlight what you love the most!


This is a super fun card to welcome a new baby to the world, and is sure to be treasured for years to come.  

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you'll leave me a comment before hopping on see what the rest of the Stamping Symphony team made for you this month:

Barb

3 comments :

  1. so cute!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, your card is so pretty and your attention to detail is amazing! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you coordinated and used your DSPs! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete