MENU

Sunday 5 May 2024

Creation Station Up In The Air Hop

It's the first Sunday in May, and time for another Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is "Up In The Air", and I decided to use the bird in the brand new Country Birdhouse Stamp Set as inspiration for my card.




I am all about the Thoughtful Journey Dies right now, so this was another great opportunity to break them out with a different technique.  For today's card, I blended Soft Sea Foam and Pretty Peacock Inks onto Basic White Cardstock and then die cut it with the floral dies.  Then I added some Petunia Pop Ink to the flowers on the die cut, again with Blending Brush, and splattered them with some black alcohol ink.  I also stamped and die cut the bird image from the Country Birdhouse Stamp Set and added Petunia Pop Ink to the bird's tummy, blending outwards.

My card base is a fun fold that starts with a top-folding card base (with a die cut window) and an interior card that opens to the left.  This left me lots of room to decorate!



I added a piece of the beautiful new Country Lace DSP to a piece of Basic Beige Cardstock, and then added that to my card base.  I die cut my window by layering the Radiating Stitches Dies , which gave me a frame for the front of the card, and a piece to decorate the front of the inside card that fits like a glove.

I popped up the frame using Foam Adhesive Strips which give a ton of stability.  In addition to the die cuts I made above, I also die cut a heart shape from the Radiating Stitches Dies in watercolour paper, and added a wash of Basic Beige Ink and splattered black Ink.  

On the inside card, I embossed the card base with a 3D embossing folder (I used a retired folder because my new folders haven't arrived yet--I can hardly wait!).  I blended Pool Party Ink onto the die cut rectangle before gluing it to my base and I added some additional die cut flowers to give depth to my scene.

The sentiment on the inside of my card is from the Country Birdhouse Stamp Set and I know I'll be using it lots.  It's stamped in Basic Beige Ink, which is the perfect neutral for the pastel colour scheme.  

Thanks for checking out my card today, be sure to hop along to see what everyone else on the Design Team has for you too!  Next up is Kathy Brown Kartak, you can click the photo below to head to her page, or join us all over on Instagram too:


Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment