MENU

Friday 26 April 2024

Stampin' Friends All About The Flowers Blog Hop

If the old adage "April showers bring May flowers" is true, our May is going to be incredible!  So while it may be another dreary day with no sign of Spring in sight, I'm going to create a little piece of it for myself in my craft room while sharing my project for the Stampin' Friends All About The Flowers Blog Hop today:



I've used the gorgeous new
Thoughtful Wishes Dies to make this soft and pretty birthday card.  Paired with Pretty In Pink (a new In Colour coming next month), Soft Sea Foam, and Pool Party, I love how this card turned out!

My card base is a created from a 5.5" x 8.5" piece of Basic White Cardstock, scored and folded at 4.25".  I also have a layer of Basic White Cardstock that I blended some Pool Party Ink on with my Blending Brush before embossing with one of the Basic 3D Embossing Folders, in a hatched line pattern.  This added some needed texture to my card and filled the white space left blank by off-centering my design.


The delicate floral die from the Thoughtful Wishes Dies was cut from Basic White Cardstock three times and each one coloured with Pretty In Pink and Soft Sea Foam Blends.   These were layered on the bottom left corner of my card front, to give the appearance of flowers stretching to the sun.

My sentiment is from the new Country Birdhouse Stamp Set and I love the clean look of this font.  I heat embossed the sentiment in White Embossing Powder on a strip of Basic Black Cardstock and adhered it to my card front with Mini Dimensionals.  I added some Brushed Metallic Butterflies to complete my card.


For the inside I added another white panel that was also blended with Pool Party Ink, and die cut and coloured one more of the delicate floral dies.  I also splattered Pool Party Blends on the front and inside of my card as a finishing touch.


Thank you for stopping by today, please be sure to head on to the rest of the Stampin' Friends for more floral creations!


Happy Crafting,
Barb



2 comments :

  1. Barb, there is nothing I don't LOVE abouth is card - it is so my style - soft, clean lines - a beauty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty the flowers are so delicate! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete