MENU

Friday 24 May 2024

Stampin' Friends Celebrating Men Blog Hop

Father's Day is almost upon us, so it's time for the Stampin' Friends to break out our ideas on masculine projects.  I'm all about the Country Birdhouse Suite right now as I design for my Summer Camp Retreat, so I challenged myself to create a father's day card using this suite for this month's hop.  



This card is very different from the rest of the projects I've made with this suite, so it was a lot of fun to put a new spin on it.  I started with a card base of Night of Navy (4.25" x 11", scored at 5.5"), deciding to go for a night scene.  I took a 4" x 5.25" panel of Night of Navy and blended some Night of Navy Ink, along with some Memento Black Ink, along the edges, which really made for an inky background look.  I love how there is a natural "glow" from the middle of the cardstock because of the depth of the shading on the edges.  To complete the night sky look I splattered some white paint on the panel, and then adhered it to my card base.  

My focal bird house image is from the Country Birdhouse Bundle and is embossed in white on Night of Navy Cardstock.  After die cutting the image with the coordinating dies, I added shading with a mix of my blending brushes and my Dark Night of Navy Blends marker on the inside of the image (under the scallop trim and inside the circle).  I love using my Blends in this way, as it allows for a lot more precision.


I heat embossed the birdhouse image a second time on a scrap of Night of Navy Cardstock, along with the sentiment from this month's Paper Pumpkin "The Best Their Is" kit.  I fussy cut around the white outline of the base of the birdhouse, so that I could pop just that piece up on Dimensionals.  I also die cut some leaves from the Country Birdhouse Dies in Basic Black Cardstock, and added them between the layers on my birdhouse, before adhering the whole thing to my base with Dimensionals.  

I hope you like this interpretation of the Country Birdhouse Stamp Set!  Please be sure to hop along and see what the rest of the team has for you this month too.

Blog Hop Index


Happy crafting,
Barb

2 comments :

  1. Love this - perfect for a guy who is a bird-watcher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of this set, I would have never thought to use it for a Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete