MENU

Sunday 1 September 2024

Creation Station Stampin' Blends Blog Hop

That summer flew by!  I took a short hiatus for the month of August and am now happily back in my craft room and brimming with new ideas!  

I love my Blends, so I was happy to break out my favourite colours and pair them with some new Christmas stamps for a non-traditional holiday card.  How cute is this little wagon full of winter cheer?!  The image is from the new Filled With Cheer Stamp Set, which coordinates with an existing stamp set, Filled With Fun, and the Filled With Fun Dies.


This month's Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop happens to fall on the 1st, so it was perfect timing to get something created for real--instead of just in my head ;).   If you have joined me from the super talented Vicky Boucher, welcome! 

I stamped my wagon and snowman images in Pecan Pie Ink and then coloured them lightly with my Blends alcohol markers.  This is my favourite way to use these markers, rather than colouring the entire image.  Usually I start in the middle and fade out to the edges, but for a slightly different look for this card I added colour to the edges and faded to the middle.  



As I said, I was looking for a non-traditional colour palette, so I selected Soft Sea Foam, Pretty In Pink, Ivory, and Pool Party for my main colours.  I also used Lemon Lolly for the tree star and Calypso Coral for the carrot nose and tree decorations. 

My DSP is a 4" square cut from the Unbounded Beauty DSP.  I think it has a holiday feel when paired with some wintry images!  I layered it onto a 4-1/8" square of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock and then adhered it to my Basic White card base.  I knew I was going to assemble my stamped images with two layers of Dimensionals, so I was keeping an eye on the overall thickness of the finished card.

I added the wagon on top of the other image with Dimensionals, so it really looks like they are sitting inside!  I then popped the whole thing up on Dimensionals to add it to my DSP.  If you're concerned about the thickness you could eliminate that second layer, but I liked the look of it popping off the page too.

My sentiment is from the Filled With Cheer Stamp Set and is stepped directly onto the card base in Pecan Pie Ink.  After I had everything assembled I noticed the string of Christmas lights included in the stamp set and decided to add them too!  I stamped the image in Pecan Pie and coloured the bulbs in Pretty In Pink and Soft Sea Foam.  I love the colour and interest it adds!


I hope you had a relaxing and rejuvenating summer, and like me, are now excited to get back to your craft room and start creating!  Thanks for checking out my project today, and be sure to keep on hopping to see what the rest of the Creation Station team has for you this month.  Next up is Elizabeth Price at Seeing Ink Spots, who always has something fun to share!


Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment