MENU

Sunday 3 December 2023

Creation Station Folio Memory Book & Bonus Project

The final Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop for 2023 is here!  If you've been hopping with us throughout the year, thank you for your support.  And if you're just getting in on the fun today, I hope you'll be inspired to stop back each month in 2024 to see what we have to share moving forward!

Our theme this month was "Santa's Workshop", and I created two projects to share with you today.  First up:  a Folio Memory Book.


I think it's easiest to understand how this book works by checking out this video, and then I'll share some details and photos below.


I was inspired by another crafter for the idea of this folio, but I changed the dimensions to make the most of that pretty paper, while still keeping in mind a good size for the printed photos.  The folio itself is created from three pieces--two flaps that fold out left and right, and a base that folds out top and bottom.  





All of the surfaces of the folio have been decorated with paper from the Winter Meadow DSP pack--which is carrying over to next year!  This paper is so pretty, I'm excited we'll be able to continue having it available.  The flaps are scored and fold up accordion-style, and have mats for photos, tags or pull outs for the interactive part I love about making books like this.

There is an envelope on the inside of the folio that holds lots of photo mats, and you could add some memorabilia there (tickets stubs, etc.) too.  In total, I included space for 10 photos, but there is definitely room for more!


I added this gorgeous belly band to keep the folio closed, and used some of my favourite techniques (watercolouring and speckling) to add softness and dimension.  The belly band is wrapped in cardstock and some scraps from the Winter Meadow DSP pack, and tied with a soft and sparkly Silver & White Ribbon bow.




I'm exploring hosting a class to make this folio in the new year, so stayed tuned for details on that!

BONUS PROJECT

My bonus project are these whimsical trees!  Each tree is made from a tiny wooden base and a piece of dowelling that I painted white.  I die cut the "branches" of my trees from the Snowflake Magic Specialty DSP with Deckled Circle Dies, and topped each off with a small wooden bead.  They reflect the magic of holiday lights so well, it's like they glow!  


I hope you've enjoyed my projects today, as well as throughout this past year--I've loved sharing them with you!  Please be sure to leave a comment below, and then hop along to join Sara Nell Langland on her blog, and keep the fun going!  You can also join us on Instagram.  



Happy Crafting,
Barb





No comments :

Post a Comment