MENU

Friday 15 December 2023

Stamping Symphony Celebrations Instahop

This month the Stamping Symphony team is sharing projects with a theme of "celebration".  I decided to play with some new products I just received (and go live in January in the new mini catalogue!) and create a project perfect for celebrating someone's special day:

I love the colours in the new Lighter Than Air Suite--all those yummy pastels are right up my alley!!  And this fun background technique allowed me to play with all the pretty paper, and create a scene that looks like individual fields from the air.

The Lighter Than Air DSP is amazing!  It comes with 8 sheets each of 6 double-sided designs, so I'm going to get to play with my favourites over and over again.  To create my background I cut 1" strips of the DSP and laid the first one left-to-right across the widest part of a 4" x 5.25" piece of Basic White Cardstock.  I left a narrow 1/8" border between papers, and then added two more pieces horizontally to the top left of the white cardstock.  Then I changed directions, and added the rest of the papers vertically across the bottom of the white panel.  An adorable patchwork of pastel fields!  I trimmed the white panel to 3.5" x 5", and layered it onto a piece of 3-7/8"" x 5-1/8" Basic White Cardstock, which left a 1/8" border on all sides.  I added the completed panel to a 5.5" x 8.5" (scored at 4.25") card base of Lost Lagoon Cardstock.


The Hot Air Balloon Stamp Set provided the image for the focal point of my card, as well as the sentiment.  The balloon is stamped in Bubble Bath Ink and then die cut with the coordinating Hot Air Balloon Dies.  I also die cut a sparkly basket for my balloon, and that amazing stitched label for my sentiment, which is stamped in Lost Lagoon Ink and added with Dimensionals.


The Hot Air Balloon Dies come with cloud dies, but I LOVE the cloud dies in the Give It A Whirl Dies and their delicate stitching, so I die cut one of each of the three clouds from that set and added them to my card front with Dimensionals.  I added gorgeous Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems in silver to each of the clouds for a final touch.


Inside my card I added another Bubble Bath balloon and a fun sentiment from the Hot Air Balloon Stamp Set in Lost Lagoon.


Our Instahop is now live, so please be sure to head there and see how everyone else is celebrating today!  I would love to hear from you below before you leave.  :)  Thank you for stopping by.

Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment