MENU

Sunday 7 January 2024

Creation Station Fuzzy & Furry Blog Hop

Welcome to my first blog hop of 2024!  I hope the new year is off to a great start for you.  I've been on break and playing with lots of new products from the new Jan - Apr Mini Catalogue, and I'm excited to share what I've been making.

Our Creation Station Blog Hop theme this month is "Fuzzy & Furry", and I'm hoping the new Flight & Airy DSP fits the bill!  I made this cute pull up card featuring one of my favourite patterns in the paper pack, and a fluffy little bird as decoration.

The main card pocket is very simple to make.  I took a 6" x 12" piece of the Flight & Airy DSP and scored it on the long side at 4" and 8", and on the short side at 0.5" to form a tab.  I cut away the left and right tab, leaving just the middle piece attached, and then I cut from the 4" score mark to the bottom of the DSP on a diagonal.  This created a pretty little pocket to tuck in my pull out piece.

The DSP is double-sided, and after assembling the base I realized that I didn't love the other pattern that was peeking through the middle of the fold.  So I got creative and added a strip of the floral DSP across the inside top of the base, which had the added effect of making the pocket look "hidden".  Happy accident, but I love that!

I decorated the front of the card base with two postage dies from the Perennial Postage Dies set, one is the DSP and one in Basic White.  My sentiment is stamped in Boho Blue Ink and is from the Something Fancy Stamp Set, and I flicked some Light Night Of Navy Blends for a spatter on my label.  I fussy cut the bird from the DSP, after layering it onto some white cardstock for some extra stability.


The inner pull out piece is created from a piece of 3.75" x 5-3/8" Boho Blue Cardstock, along with a pocket that is 2.5" x 3.5".  I decorated a piece of Basic White Cardstock (3.5" x 4-7/8") with a strip of the matching DSP that I die cut with a scalloped border die.  I embossed the pocket with the new Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder, and added another Perennial Postage Die cut stamped with "You're the Best" in Boho Blue Ink (from the Hooray For Surprises Stamp Set).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please keep the fun going by visiting Elizabeth Price, who is next up on our hop.


Happy Crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment