MENU

Sunday 2 June 2024

Creation Station In Colour Challenge

Here we are in June already, and another Creation Station Blog Hop.  The new annual catalogue is still hot off the press, and I'm having so much fun playing with all my new products!  This month's hop theme is a colour challenge--one in colour + one core colour--so the potential is endless.  I decided I need to use my favourite new in colour, Petunia Pop, and the beautiful Thoughtful Journey DSP as a jumping off point, adding some accents in classic Smoky Slate for my project.



I found this amazing fun fold, called the Pop Up Block Card, on Pinterest, and followed this tutorial by P.S. Papercrafts, with a few tweaks of my own.  

This floral paper is my favourite pattern from the Thoughtful Journey 6"x6" Paper Pack, and instead of hoarding it I decided it was the perfect fit for this challenge.  I fussy cut the paper so the imagery remained static, and then I changed the layout of the fun fold so that all of the pop up blocks were flush with the bottom of the card base.  I love how it ends up looking like it's telescoping!

For the background of my card I used a lovely pattern of Petunia Pop DSP from the 20024-2026 In Colour DSP pack.  Each of the colour families have a pack of these papers, and I love the patterns this year.  

My sentiment is from the new Unbounded Love Stamp Set, stamped and embossed with White Embossing Powder.  The die cut label is from the coordinating Unbounded Love Dies--there are a whopping 16 dies in this set!    I also added some of the new Adhesive-Backed Textured Dots to the label, which were the perfect final touch.

You can check out all of the projects from the design team this month by following the hop link below.  Up next is Rachel Traudt at stamptimeisnaptimeor join us over on Instagram.  Please be sure to check it all out, and I'd love if you left me a comment on my project before you go!

 

Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment