MENU

Saturday 8 June 2024

#TGIFC476 Colour Challenge

It's been a long time since I've been able to play with the TGIF Challenges, but this week I was able to squeeze out some time to play along.  It's a colour challenge this week, with colours (Azure Afternoon, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Grey) that I don't naturally gravitate to--so a fun challenge to take on!  I just received some new paper so I was excited to break into that pack of Take To The Sky DSP and get creative.


To start, I created a water colour wash background with Azure Afternoon Ink and my water painter, on watercolour paper.  When it was dry I splattered it with my Basic Black Blends marker.

I cut a strip of the cloud pattern from the DSP to 1" x 5.25" and glued it to a mat of Azure Afternoon Cardstock that was just 1/8" wider.  I die cut the two frames with Unbounded Love Dies--I love that it cuts the inside as well, so the clouds peak through the middle.  One frame is Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, and one is  Basic White Cardstock.


My card base is made from Basic Grey Cardstock, 5.5" x 8.5" scored at 4.25".  I glued my panel flat to the card base but instead of centering it I offset it with the panel flush to the top and left of the base.  

I fussy cut one of the plane images from the Take To The Sky DSP, added some wire threads from my stash, and adhered it to the base with Dimensionals.  

My sentiment is from a Paper Pumpkin stamp set--they always have the best sayings in a wide variety of sizes.  This is heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Basic Grey Cardstock and then die cut with another die from the Unbounded Love Dies.  I added some bling for the final touch, I think it makes the die cut look like a propeller!  

Thanks for checking out my card today.  If you haven't already, please go check out the TGIF blog to see all the ideas for this week's theme.  

Happy Crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment