MENU

Saturday 15 June 2024

Stamping Symphony Clean & Simple InstaHop

Our Stamping Symphony InstaHop theme this month was "clean and simple"--which is not my forte!  I love layers and embellishments and textures, which tend to make for busier cards than fit within the definition of clean and simple.  So this is simple-with-a-twist, which I hope you like!


I kept my card simple in terms of colour, using only Basic White Cardstock for the whole project.  I stenciled a soft coloured background on a 3.5" x 5" white panel, using my Blending Brush and Fresh Freesia Ink.


The elements for my birdhouse are die cut with  the Country Birdhouse Dies, and I added some soft shading with my Ivory Blends marker.  I couldn't resist adding dimension to the birdhouse by popping the roof up on Dimensionals--like I said, simple-ish!  

I stamped the bird and flower images in Crumb Cake Ink, colouring them lightly with my Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, and Lost Lagoon Blends (and a little Pretty In Pink blush on the bird's cheek).

My sentiment is stamped directly on the card base in Fresh Freesia Ink.  I love this sentiment from the Country Birdhouse Stamp Set, it is a very easy to read font perfect for the clean and simple look.


I was so pleased with how this design came together that I made another version too!  This one has a Balmy Blue stenciled background with Petal Pink flowers, and the sentiment and images stamped in Basic Beige.  I have to share that I have already used an entire package of Basic Beige Cardstock--it's just so versatile!  And the ink is a new favourite for soft image outlines.



The hop is taking place today over on Instagram,Instagram, I hope you'll join in on the fun there and see what everyone else has for you this month too.

Happy Crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment