MENU

Friday 28 June 2024

Stampin' Friends Lots of Layers Blog Hop

Good Morning Stampin' Friends.  It's time for another blog hop, and this theme is always one of my favourites--Lots of Layers!  My project has a grand total of 11 layers, which I think meets the challenge nicely. :)


The focal point of my card is one of the gorgeous stamps and dies from the Thoughtful Wishes Bundle.  I heat embossed the large leafy image twice in White Embossing Powder on watercolour paper, and then watercoloured them with Mossy Meadow Ink.  I coloured the outline of the images with Soft Sea Foam Ink, so instead of having a white edge I have a lovely soft green all around.

Now for the layers!  I started with a Basic Beige Cardstock base (layer 1) cut to 5.5" x 8.5" and to that I added an embossed panel also in Basic Beige (2).  Next was a border layer die cut (3) from Basic White and the Elegant Border Dies.  Before adding that to my card base I layered a 0.25" wide piece of DSP (4) and some twine (5).  

Next up I die cut a layer of Mossy Meadow Cardstock (6) with the Radiating Stitches Dies, and a slightly smaller rectangle from Basic White Cardstock (7) as well.  The Mossy Meadow layer is glued directly onto the card base, while the white layer is popped up on Dimensionals.  I also splattered some Mossy Meadow Blends on the white panel for texture and interest.

I die cut a set of the leaves from Basic Beige Cardstock (8) and added them to the back of my watercoloured leaves (9) at a slight offset, so they provide a subtle shadow look.  I die cut a stitched oval from Mossy Meadow Cardstock (10) and added some shading with my Blending Brush and Mossy Meadow Ink, then glued it to the my leaves and popped the whole piece up on a 2nd layer of Dimensionals.  Finally I added some Tinsel Gems for a little sparkle.

So that's a grand total of 11 layers!  I love cards that have a lot to see, they really let me stretch my imagination.  Thanks for joining me today, be sure to keep the fun going by hopping along to the rest of the team here:


Happy Crafting,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment