MENU

Wednesday 15 September 2021

Inspiring Canopy Thank You (Stamping Symphony Blog Hop)

It's time for another Stamping Symphony blog hop, and this month's Fall theme is right up my alley!  I love the crisper air and beautiful colours of the season.  I made this colourful thank you card, perfect for anyone you want to recognize for helping you:

Inspiring Canopy Stampin Up

This is the only time of year I seem to use Cajun Craze on my projects--it's just the perfect rusty orange colour for autumn.  I created my card base with a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock cut to 5.5" x 8.25" and scored at 4.25".  

I added a 4" x 5.25" panel of Beauty of the Earth DSP to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock, trimmed so a small border peeks through all around.  I think the DSP provides the perfect backdrop to my forest scene.

I die cut a set of trees with the Inspiring Canopy Dies from Soft Suede cardstock and lightly applied some shadows using my Blending Brush and Soft Suede ink.  

I heat embossed my sentiment from the coordinating Inspired Thoughts stamp set in white on a scrap piece of Soft Suede cardstock, and used the "hill" die that comes in the die set to trim a piece of earth.

The Inspiring Canopy dies come with a variety of foliage dies in different shapes and sizes.  I cut several pieces using each die from Cajun Craze, Bumblebee, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, and layered them onto my Soft Suede tree branches.  Then I used my Blending Brush and Soft Suede ink to add a little shading to the pieces as well.

Stampin Up Inspiring Canopy

The trees are added to my background using a double-layer of dimensionals, so they really stand out from the background, almost 3D.  This gives some added interest to the card as natural shadows are created too.

I left the inside of my card sentiment-free, but added another scene with a singular tree and more earth, with plenty of room for a hand written message.  Is someone helping you with fall yardwork this year?  This would be the perfect card to thank them!


Just a reminder before you head off on the next stop on the blop hop that Sale-a-bration is wrapping up soon.  Now is the perfect time to buy your Fall and Christmas supplies and earn some great FREE products at the same time!  Head over to my online store for the full list of what's still available (free items are while supplies last, so don't delay!).

Leena – A LaCards   

 Sandy – Lolly & Sand 

 Barb - JustBStamping (you're here!)

 Jen – Stamping with Jen 

 Leigh – SimpLeighStamping 

 Laurel – Laurel Davis Crafted 

I'd love to hear from you, please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of first when you think Fall!

Happy Crafting,

Barb



4 comments :

  1. Love those fall colours that you included in the trees. The DSP in the back is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get that set out and start playing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Great for all seasons too. :)

      Delete