MENU

Saturday 18 September 2021

Happy New Year Sale-A-Bration Card (#TGIFC334)

I'm playing along with the TGIF Challenge again today and using one of my favourite Sale-A-Bration* products on my card.  It's a tight race between the Penguin Place DSP and the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper, but you just can't beat the sparkle of that Be Dazzling paper!  I totally went outside my comfort zone and made this modern-style/minimalistic looking card to celebrate the New Year.  This paper is for so much more than Christmas!

Stampin up handmade card

* Sale-A-Bration is a special event in the Stampin' Up! world where you earn free products with every $60/$120 CAD order.

I decided to make a fun fold card for my submission; this is a 4.25" x 5.5" Basic Black cardstock panel with a 3 3/8" x 11" top folding card in Thick Basic White cardstock layered on top.  I thought it really highlighted the Be Dazzling Paper edges on both sides of the card front.  

stampin up

I cut two strips of Be Dazzling Paper at 0.5" x 5.5" and glued them to the outside left and right edges of my white base.  The paper has so much shimmer and shine you don't need to use a lot of it to have a BIG impact. I've lost count of how any cards I have made with just two sheets of this six-page pack--I'll have lots to use in the weeks ahead!  A FREE product that stretches forever....doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Did you notice the incredible texture I added to the white panel (Thick Basic White cardstock cut to 3" x 5.5")?  I used the Wintry 3D Embossing Folder to add this beautiful snowflake imagery to what would have been a very plain panel otherwise.  I love how embossing folders add texture and depth, especially these new 3D versions, without making a card feel busy.

For my sentiment I heat embossed Gold Embossing Powder on a piece of Basic Black cardstock.  The block letters of the "HAPPY" stamp (from the Biggest Wish stamp set) really add to the modern feel I was going for, and on the dark background the gold powder actually ends up more matte and matches the champagne colour of the Be Dazzling paper really well.

I added "New Year" to my sentiment by masking a sentiment from the Tidings & Trimmings set; the full sentiment says "wishing you a joyful Christmas and happy New Year" but I put a piece of washi tape over the words I didn't want to use, inked the stamp in Versamark ink, and then removed the tape before stamping onto my cardstock.  Worked perfectly the first time!  

The stitched rectangle is actually part of the Merriest Frames Dies....they just happened to be on my desk from finishing another project, and you know how much I love stitching on my dies!!  It left me lots of room at the bottom to add an abstract design of gold metallic thread from my stash.  And the perfect finishing touch were some adhesive pearls (the Champagne Rhinestones would have been an even better choice, but I'm plum out!).

I layered the sentiment on to the embossed panel with dimensionals, and then added the whole piece to my white card base with another layer of dimensionals.  I just love the way those layers make a handmade card feel even more special.

For the inside of my card I added another strip of the Be Dazzling paper, and I stamped "Cheers from our home to yours", also from the Tidings & Trimmings set, in Black Memento Ink.  Gold, black and white is such a classic colour combination for New Year's, it doesn't get more elegant.  I think this would make an amazing wedding or invitation too!  

I usually don't make New Year's cards but I like the idea of having a small supply on hand for a last minute party invite, or if you get behind on getting your Christmas cards in the mail in time for arrival before the big day but still want to send a note to someone special.  

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you'll check out all of the other entries to the #TGIFC334 challenge this week too. 


Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy crafting,

Barb






 



No comments :

Post a Comment