MENU

Sunday 15 August 2021

Snowflakes & Buffalo Check Z-Fold (Blog Hop)

It's mid-August already!  Where does the summer go?  Of course I say that as I am knee-deep in holiday projects and new supplies from the mini catalogue--and Sale-A-Bration freebies!!  We are focusing on some of the great products you can get for free during Sale-A-Bration in our blog hop today.  My card showcases the great buffalo check paper from the Peaceful Prints DSP pack (free with a $60 order!):

Stitched Snowflakes

At the top of my list when the new catalogue arrived were the amazing Stitched Snowflakes dies.  They are so delicate and detailed I knew I wanted to feature them on my card today.  And they just pop against the deep red and black buffalo check paper!

The diagonal z-fold fun fold was the perfect base to really show off the snowflakes.  I started with a 5.5" x 12" piece of Basic Black cardstock and scored it a 4" and 8", giving me three four-inch-wide panels.  I then cut a diagonal strip from the second score line out to the left edge, ending 1.25" up from the bottom.  You can adjust this to suit your design and personal preference.

Diagonal Z-Fold

I then cut my buffalo check paper to fit the three panels, tracing the diagonal so that it matched perfectly (why do math if you don't have too?!).  I layered those onto white panels for a little extra pop as well, and glued them onto each section of the card base.

I die cut six different snowflakes from Thick Whisper White and adhered them directly onto the diagonal lines of my card base.  A sparkly rhinestone in the centre of each adds just the right amount of bling and shine for this holiday card.

I do love the look of white embossing on black paper, particularly for a rustic looking holiday card.  The sentiment "Cheers!  From our home to yours" is from the Tidings & Trimmings stamp set and fit perfectly on the scalloped oval in the Double Oval Punch.  

I added a sweet bow made from Glitter Organdy Ribbon for a little more sparkle too!

For the inside of my card I really had two panels to use, so I made the best use of my Peaceful Prints DSP and made a pocket on one side, and decorated just the top corner of the right side.  This left me lots of room for a sentiment and a handwritten note, as well as one more Stitched Snowflake. ;)

The pocket is a simple 3" x 4" rectangle of DSP layered on white and then adhered to the base on three sides only.  This leaves room for a gift card, photo, or any other little item to be tucked in and surprise the recipient.  

Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!  Don't forget to keep hopping to see what else you can do with the free Sale-A-Bration products available until September 30 (while supplies last).




Happy Crafting,
Barb



2 comments :

  1. Fabulous! Love the use of that buffalo print and the pop of the snowflakes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete