MENU

Wednesday 10 February 2021

Wow Wednesday Thank You Fun Fold

 Every Wednesday on social media I post a "wow" project, and this one sure fits the bill!  

Have you ever bought an entire pack of paper because you fell in love with one design?  That's this paper for me (although I ended up liking most of the other designs too!).  The paper on the left, with those beautiful green berries, is my absolute favourite out of the pack.

I created my card base with a piece of thick vanilla cardstock cut to 4.25" x 11", and scored at 2.75" and 5.5".  You fold the scores into one mountain and one valley fold, and voila--a z-fold card is born!

I covered the two smaller panels with DSP (including the watercolour stripes paper which is my 2nd favourite from the pack), and left half of the back panel uncovered so that a personal message can be written there.

The front sentiment is all about the layers!  I started with a stitched scallop rectangle in vanilla cardstock, and then cut two additional stitched scallop rectangles out of Soft Sea Foam and Pretty Peacock.  I'll be so sad when the Peacock paper and ink retires later this year, it is such a beautiful colour and I haven't used it nearly enough.  

It's hard to see in the pictures but I embossed the sea foam rectangle with one of the Greenery Embossing folders...in real life it adds a nice little bit of texture to the sentiment.

What really puts this card over-the-top is the gorgeous Forever Gold Metallic paper die cuts I layered behind the green scalloped rectangles.  They are so shiny it's a challenge to get a picture without your reflection showing up!  And the delicate details just add so much elegance to the card.

The hand written "thank you" stamp is from the Heal Your Heart set, which I am featuring all week.  This set is free with the current Salebration promotion, you can check it out on my store any time. 

And to top it off I added several rhinestones leftover in my stash from Christmas.  There are some new Gilded Gems that would look great here too!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you are inspired to create a wow card of your own today!

Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment