MENU

Sunday 14 February 2021

Snail Mail Hello There

There has never been a stronger need to reach out to the important people in your life to let them know you are thinking of them.  As we near the end of our second stay-at-home order I am anxious for Spring and the chance to connect with people again!  In the meantime I will continue to send cards, as happy mail helps bridge the gap!

I made a fun fold card this week with the new Snail Mail suite.  I knew this set would be mine as soon as I saw it in the new Jan - Jun catty (if you need a copy please let me know!).  The bright colours are just so joyful and I LOVE the "happy mail enclosed" stamp, which I'll probably use on every envelope going out my door now!

Several years ago there was a special die you could purchase to make this circle fun fold, but I don't have it and figured I could make a DIY version--and here it is!  I started by folding my card base (5.5" x 8.5" at 4.25" and then scored and folded it the opposite direction at 2 1/8", creating a tall z-fold.  Then I layered my DSP on the outer flap and partially die cut with a circle die, which left me with a half-circle cut out of the front.  After folding the flap backwards (onto the card base) you're left with this circle cut out that "flips" as you pull the card open.  Easy-peasy!



Then all that was left to do was decorate my base.  I added a scalloped pool party circle to the front and back of my partial die cut, and then stamped and coloured some of the fun stamp set images, pulling the colours from the DSP, which is so bright and cheery!

I stamped "hello there" in Versamark and added white embossing power on a scrap of black cardstock, and then fussy cut around the sentiment.  I love the bold look of the black mixed in with the bright colours.

For the inside of my card I added a strip of white cardstock where I had stamped and coloured another snail image. leaving a surprise space for a handwritten greeting.


If you are new to alcohol colouring this set is a great starter set, as the images are large and simple, and give lots of opportunity to play with shading.

I'll be sharing more cards made with the Snailed It stamp set, dies and DSP this week; follow me on Facebook or Instagram to see them all!

Thank you for stopping by, 

Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment