MENU

Monday 15 February 2021

Happy Birthday Blog Hop

 It's time for another Stamping Symphony Blog Hop!  Our theme this month was to showcase the new Jan - June mini products, and there are TONS of new goodies in this catalogue!


I started with a black card base and added a panel of True Love DSP.  The assorted black and white patterns are so versatile and can be coloured, sponged, or left alone, as I have here.

The Pieced Blooms dies are the hidden gem in this catalogue.  I didn't see them the first six or seven times through!  But they are my most used item by far.  I even organized my entire Spring Virtual Weekend Retreat around these dies, they add the most beautiful details to a project.

For this card I die cut a variety of the flowers from Petal Pink cardstock and sponged the centre of each flower with Rococo Rose ink.

Layered behind the flowers is a die cut from the Flowering Vine die set.  Another easy to miss set in this chock-full catalogue, but one that has a mighty impact!

The pretty pierced label is also from the Pierced Blooms set--you seriously get so many dies!!  The sentiment is from the Pretty Parasol set, which is in the annual catalogue but a new purchase for me.  I have used this sentiment tons already.

For a final touch I always like to add some sparkle to the centre of my flowers, in this case I used rhinestones but there are some new Gilded Gems in the mini that are perfect for this purpose too.

I kept the inside of my card simple with a "happy birthday" sentiment from the new Oval Occasions set, and another die cut flower and stem.  I've fallen in love with cutting the leaves out of white cardstock instead of green--it gives a very different, subtle and elegant look.


Thanks for hopping by today!  Please be sure to hop along to see what the rest of our team has for you this month.  And if you're interested in any of the products featured on my card today, you can find them in my online store.

And if you like my project I hope you'll follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more daily ideas.

Barb



Barb (you're here)


1 comment :