MENU

Sunday 21 February 2021

Mini Slim Line Oval Occasions Birthday

I saw someone create a mini slim line card last week and couldn't wait to give it a try myself!  Slim line cards (long, skinny) are all the rage right now and these mini versions are adorable.  


The base measures 5.5" x 3.25" when closed (start with a piece that is 5.5" x 6.5" and fold in half) and was made from Thick Cardstock.  This means they fit in a standard envelope, but there is an easy way to shorten the envelope for a closer fit too.  I'll go over that in a minute!


This card is all about the DSP.  The bright colours and popsicle images from the Ice Cream Corner suite just scream birthday, and the simple design makes a quick and easy card to put together with minimal supplies.

I tied some pretty Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon around the rectangle of DSP before adhering it to the card base.  

Using the Oval Occasions set I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in Memento Black ink on white cardstock and then punched it with the Double Oval Punch.  I also punched the scalloped oval from the same punch out of some scraps of glitter cardstock I have hoarded away for just this type of application.  :)

And that's it!  A simple, pretty card made extra special by a unique shape.

For the inside of the card I added a small strip of more of the DSP and left the rest blank so there is room to write a message.


As mentioned above, this card fits just fine into a standard card envelope, but I made a smaller version by slicing the envelope to a height of 3.75".  I then added some double-sided tape to the new "opening" to reseal it.  

Since I was playing with the envelope anyway I decided to add a liner too!  I added some DSP inside the flap and down the envelope about 3/4", and then trimmed it to match the shape of the flap with my scissors.  Too cute!

And I have a bonus card today too!  Since you can get two card bases out of a single sheet of cardstock I made another card with a different pattern from the DSP pack.  I stamped some popsicles with a variety of ink (Rococo Rose/Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana/Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape/Highland Heather), and centred them on a white banner.  Another strip of DSP on the inside and another decorated evnelope, and a second card is complete!


Thanks for dropping by today.  I have lots of projects made with the Oval Occasions stamp set and punch bundle this week to share with you.  Watch for them on my Instagram and Facebook pages!

Have a good week,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment