MENU

Sunday 10 January 2021

Ice Cream Birthday

Is there anything more birthday than a stacked ice cream cone shaker card?!  I just LOVE the new Sweet Ice Cream stamp set, punch and paper.  And I couldn't resist making a shaker card with the coordinating sprinkles!!!  


I used a colour scheme of Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point and Granny Apple green for my inspiration.  That is once again the beautiful ombre paper from the free Saleabration collection--it comes in such yummy colours!  

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the stamp set in versamark ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock and then heat embossed it in white powder.  It's so great to have a large sentiment, as it allowed me to fussy cut it for a more free-form look.


I always create my shaker window as a separate piece from the card base, so that I can ensure it is sealed up tight.  I used the largest rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly dies and created my own window by cutting out the inside of the rectangle with square dies (just run the square die through your cutting machine multiple times, moving its position until you get the opening you want).


I added a piece of the DSP to the back of the window...those little sprinkles are so fun!  And I filled my shaker with a combination of the sprinkles from the suite, sequins, and small metallic beads so that is makes a great sound when shaken up.

I stamped the ice cream scoop in my three colours and stacked them on top of a Cinnamon Cider/Soft Suede ice cream cone, all of which were punched out with the coordinating punch.  I then used glue dots to add a few of the sprinkles to the top of my cone, because every cone needs sprinkles!


And for a finishing touch I added some of the new Whisper White twine tied in a sweet little bow.  

For the inside of my card I added another single-scoop cone and the sentiment "with sprinkles on top."


This card works for men, women, kids--everyone!

I'll be featuring this suite all week on my Instagram (@justbstamping) and Facebook pages (justBstamping) so I hope you'll join me there to see all my ideas.

Also, in case you missed it last week, I announced a few ongoing events too:

- Freebie Friday; every Friday I'll choose a random winner from everyone who commented on my social media pages and send them a card as a thank you

- Surprise Saturday; every Saturday at 2pm we will meet for this free event where you will assemble a mystery card using your supplies and my design.  RSVP to receive the link to the event and the list of supplies/measurements to gather ahead of time.  

I hope you'll consider playing along, crafting is so much more fun when it is shared with others!





No comments :

Post a Comment