MENU

Sunday 3 January 2021

Wild Roses Birthday Card

The new Jan - June mini catalogue goes live tomorrow!  If you don't have a catalogue yet please let me know and we can organize free porch pickup--there is so much to see!!

As a demonstrator I've had the chance to preorder items and have been having TONS of fun making new projects to share with you.  If you don't already, please follow me on Instagram (@justbstamping) or Facebook to see all the latest!  :)

This week I am kicking things off with the oh-so-beautiful background stamp, Wild Roses.  This stamp gives an amazing look on plain cardstock, but I stamped it on a sheet of the new Oh Some Ombre DSP (saleabration freebie!!) and it just amps it up a whole other notch!

I used a tone-on-tone technique with Roccocco Rose ink on Roccocco Rose Ombre paper, trimmed to 4.25" x 5.50".  I used the Stitched Nested Labels die to cut out a window on the front of my card--did you notice the stitching on the OUTSIDE of the window?!  Love that added feature.

I popped up my card front on dimensionals and added a recessed "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the new Oval Occassions stamp set.  I have used this stamp A LOT this week, I love the mix of fonts and it's just the perfect size to fit in so many places.

I die cut some pretty little flowers from the Wreath Builder die set in Very Vanilla and Blushing Bride, and some leaves in Soft Sea Foam, and placed them around my sentiment window.  I added some coloured pearls to the centers, which just adds to the softness and femininity of this card.

And I finished off the front with some new Whisper White twine tied into a bow.  This twine comes in a two-pack with Blushing Bride and it is FABULOUS!  Sometimes twine is too thick to do much with but this is the perfect thickness to tie a bow without any bulk, and is so soft and easy to use.

For the inside of my card I took the die cut piece from making my window, cut it in half, and used it to decorate the top left and bottom right of my inside panel.  Nothing goes to waste here!

I'll be posting more projects all week featuring this beautiful background stamp, so please be sure to check out my Instagram and Facebook pages.  

I appreciate you stopping by and would love to hear your comments,

Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment