MENU

Tuesday 15 December 2020

Window Card (Blog Hop)

 It's our last blog hop of 2020!  I'm excited to put this year to bed and move on to a more social 2021.  

Our theme this month was Window Cards, which is not something I had done before.  After a bit of research I went with my favourite holiday set this year, Coming Home, because it has coordinating dies that I knew would work perfectly for this design.

I am in LOVE with how this card turned out!  The snowy forest DSP background, the little red card Christmas tree shopping, and that bright yellow house just peeking through the trees--it ended up just as it looked in my imagination.  :)

The card front has a couple layers.  I added a snowy hill (accented with a light pool party blend for some depth) and several trees coloured and shaded with Old Olive (light and dark) and ivory/bronze trunks.  I added a sentiment strip in Cherry Cobbler to match my car, with white heat embossing.  And for that final touch I added some snow on the trees with a white gel pen.

Window cards are a great way to change up a standard card, and hold a couple of surprises for the recipient.  In this case, because I used the coordinating die for the house, you don't even realize at first that there is a cut out there.



And the second surprise is when you open the card and the scene continues inside!  I had so much fun adding all the extra scenery inside, as though the car has moved further down the road and is coming to stop at its own house.

The yellow house is coloured with crushed curry blends with a smoky slate roof, while the second house is crumb cake.  I added another snowy hill and more trees to the inside scene, so that it matched the outside, and some wink of stella to make the windows on everything sparkle.

As a final bonus, the window cut out in the shape of the house made the perfect embellishment for a matching envelope!



I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season this year despite the circumstances, and maybe find a few new traditions that you'll look forward to including next year too.

Don't forgot to follow the hop!  








2 comments :

  1. Your window card is fantastic Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! Love the challenges you come up with each month.

      Delete