MENU

Friday 15 January 2021

Wild Roses (Blog Hop)

 With a very broad theme this month of anything from the new mini catalogue or Saleabration it was SOOOO hard to decide what to do!  I finally settled on this very demure birthday card that I had in my head and finally got onto paper.


I had this vision of a kraft background with white watercolouring highlighting the flowers in a unique way, and it turned out even better than I had hoped.  I usually use my ink pads and aquapainter to watercolour but this time I used a white watercolour pencil on crumb cake cardstock.  I think it really adds depth to the background roses image.


I paired the stamped piece with a strip of DSP from the In Good Taste paper pack.  I think this stamp set creates a background that looks like fabric, and the woven DSP just tied this look together.



I tied a piece of the Blackberry Bliss striped ribbon along the "seam" of my paper and added a large bow, which I think adds a lot to the understated femininity of this card.



A small heat embossed sentiment on a beautiful stitched shape background anchored to the bottom corner of my card completed the front.  I added a second stitched element in white beneath the sentiment to help draw the eye and create a neutral resting place.


I added a strip of the highlighted roses paper to the inside of my card, offsetting the sentiment and leaving lots of space to write a personal message to the recipient.


One final look at the outside of my card:


As you hop along to see everyone's creations I hope you'll consider following me on Instragram (@justbstamping) and Facebook.

Thank you for stopping by, and if you leave a comment on my post you'll be included in my weekly draw for a free card!


Barb (you're here)



No comments :

Post a Comment