MENU

Sunday 17 January 2021

The Approaching Perfection stamp set contains amazing funny sentiments about getting old--because let's be honest, the higher your age, the more you need a good laugh on your birthday!  And the best part is it's free through Salebration!!

My project today uses a mix of products to end up at this vibrant, fun card.  

I started with a Night of Navy card base, and added a layer of Whisper White that I embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Textured Embossing Folder.  

I added two strips of patterned paper from the Playing with Patterns DSP:  one horizontally, one vertically.  I also die cut a stitched circle from a third piece from the DSP stack.


I used the rainbow DSP as a jumping off point for my colour palette, adding balloons in Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Night of Navy.  The balloons are from the So Much Happy stamp set, and I used the coordinating dies to cut out the balloons, ties and bows, which I popped up for added dimension on my card.

I used a strip die from the Many Medallions set to cut a fancy border in Crushed Curry, for some added interest.  And I added rhinestones to the centre of each medallion for some shine.

Finally, I stamped the tongue-in-cheek sentiment onto white cardstock and die cut it with another stitched circle.

For the inside of my card I used one more piece of the Playing with Patterns DSP to anchor my panel, and added few more balloons and a sentiment.

All this week I'll be sharing more projects using the Approaching Perfection set and Playing with Patterns DSP, so be sure to check those out on Instagram and Facebook.

Have a great week!

Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment