MENU

Tuesday 19 January 2021

#GDP275: Love Card

 Today I am excited to be participating in my first Global Design Project challenge! 

As you can see the theme this week is LOVE.  I've never been a big Valentine's Day person...my husband and I have never really "celebrated" the holiday, and I don't buy lots of hearts and red paper.  But inspiration struck when I thought about something for my daughter.  When my kids were littles I would make special Valentine's Day lunches for them to take to school, complete with heart-shaped containers, cookie-cutter sandwiches and treats, and love notes!  But as they got bigger (and life got busier) that fell to the wayside, and this year they won't even be having class parties or exchanging Valentines (thanks a lot COVID!).  So I decided to make a card that I could give to my animal-loving, sweet teenager girl:


It isn't pink and red, but I think it hits a very subtle LOVE note (pun intended)!  And I can't get enough of those sweet bunnies from the Oval Occasions stamp set, so I have to think outside the Easter-box and find other uses for them. :)

I started with a Soft Sea Foam card base and added a white panel embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder.  It adds just the right touch of texture to this soft and subtle card.

For my focal point I added a bunch of layers:
  • I layered two sets of those beautiful delicate hearts in Petal Pink
  • I added a strip of plaid DSP in Soft Sea Foam from the new 6x6 packs (only available in a starter kit right now), and a small piece of Grey Granite Shimmer Ribbon
  • I coloured that sweet bunny image with my blends (Sea Foam, Petal Pink, and Smoky Slate, and then softened the edges of the colour with my colour lifter).  I added rhinestones to the center of each flower for some more sparkle

  • I cut the LOVE heart (from the Wreath Builder dies) from white cardstock, and then layered a piece of Petal Pink underneath, so it is visible through out the cut out letters.  And I stamped a small 'you' in Grey Granite....doesn't it look just like one of those candy hearts you get?!
  • finally, I added a small petal pink heart on a smidge of a dimensional, and then added Shimmery Crystal Effects to give it some shine.

Can I share a secret....I bought the Oval Occassions stamp set JUST for this bunny stamp!  Do you have buy paper or a stamp set because it has just one thing you love? 

For the inside I added a great sentiment, "You're The Best", and another stamp of those bunnies. I added some grass under their little bums this time, to ground the image since I wasn't punching it out with the new Oval punch like I did on the card front.



I think that wraps up my first entry in the Global Design Project!  For more inspiration please be sure to stop by their page and see what the talented designers posted, as well as the other participants.  




Thank you for stopping by,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment