MENU

Sunday 18 February 2018

Hometown Greetings in a Whole New, Colourful Light

One of my favourite Christmas products last year were the Hometown Greetings Edgelits, so I was ecstatic to see that they were carrying forward into 2018!  This weekend I needed a break from my Brushos ;) so I thought I would tidy my craft room and low-and-behold, there they were.  Challenge, accepted.  I knew there would be a way to make these "christmas" dies into something usable year-round.

I love the look of mostly white cards, they are so clean and simple.  But I also love the rainbow of colours Stampin' Up! has to choose from.  So I decided to merge the two looks into one!



This would make a great "happy new home" or "welcome to the neighborhood" card, but with the "Happy for You!" sentiment (from the In the City hostess set) it could be used for lots of other occasions as well.

And wait until you see all the colours I used!!!!


I cut multiple sets of the houses out of Thick Whisper White and sponged a rainbow of colours onto each layer.  Quick tip:  Stampin' Up! very nicely provided a colour wheel of all of their ink colours in rainbow order in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue, which came in very handy when picking my ink pads and determining their proper order.  My daughter helped me organize all of my ink pads and sponge daubers (she loves rainbows too!).

This look could be obtained using wwaayy fewer colours, but I had them, so I thought I might as well use them!  To recreate with fewer options, just sponge two colours on one house...they will blend beautifully and leave you with a unique "in-between" colour to help make the transition from one colour to the next.  Here is a close up of the houses, and you can see how I transitioned from Tempting Turquoise to Rich Razzelberry in the top row, fourth house in.


Isn't that too much fun?!

I adhered the tallest piece (blues and purples) directly on to my card base (after creating my clouds, see below); I then popped up the next piece (yellows and greens) on top using dimensionals; and finally, attached the top piece (pinks, yellow and oranges) using more dimensionals.  You really can't have enough 3Dness here, can you?  Check out those layers...


Did you notice the clouds at the top of the card front?  Here's a closer look, it's just a very subtle, soft sky look.  I sponged some Pool Party on top of a cloud-shaped mask I made out of chipboard.


This card was so much fun to make, and I left the inside blank to keep it as versatile as possible.

What have you made in rainbow colours lately?

Barb


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment