MENU

Sunday 25 February 2018

Free Sweet Soiree Cards from Memories and More


I dreamed once of being a scrapbooker....documenting my child's life with pretty paper and embellishments so that one day he could look back fondly on his childhood.  Then my son turned 6 months old, I went back to work, and my dreams remained...dreams.

As time passed I became overwhelmed with the volume of what still had to be documented, and thought it was impossible.  And then I heard about "pocket scrapbooking."  I won't get into too much detail, but basically this is approach takes traditional scrapbooking, scales it down to manageable squares, and helps you get pages done!

Even better, the market exploded with beautiful papers scaled to this smaller size, and perfect for doing double-duty as card fronts!!  Last year Stampin' Up! announced their own line, called "Memories & More," and I was thrilled to have spent some time making cards with the Sweet Soiree pack this weekend.


Can you believe that paper?!  That is just one of 72 large, double-sided cards in this pack (there are also 20 smaller cards) that you get FOR FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-bration.

The colours in this pack are so pretty and vibrant that I knew I wanted to pair it with some silver embossing powder, just to help it shine.  Of course in my shot above you can't see that glimmer....but here is a closer shot of the pretty present:


The present and sentiment are part of the coordinating Sweet Soiree bundle, or you can buy just the stamp set separately as well.  I stamped the present on a small piece of whisper white and rounded the corners, then added just a little colour with my blender pen and Calyspo Coral, Rich Razzelberry, and Garden Green inks.  I was able to add dimension to the colours by adding layers of ink to certain spots.


I mounted the present onto a Stitched Oval cut from Pink Pirouette cardstock, and added a smaller stitched oval with my sentiment, "Celebrate", stamped in Rich Razzelberry ink.  Both ovals are popped up with dimensionals and mounted to the front, after running a small band of Silver Ribbon around the card, to ground the center focal point, and then mounted on a Basic Gray card base.

Did you notice the tiny pearls???


This card was so pretty and feminine already, but I wanted to take it over the top with those tiny pearl accents in the middle of some of the flowers.  Aren't they sweet?!

And on the inside....even MORE flowers.


I think this card could easily be for a wedding, anniversary, graduation, promotion--the sky's the limit!

And a couple others that I made with fronts from the same Memories and More pack.  And there are still oodles and oodles left! 



What special event are you looking forward to in 2018?

Barb


Product List
<!-------- TAMS End --------

No comments :

Post a Comment