MENU

Thursday 15 February 2018

Brusho Rain (Stamping Symphony Blog Hop)


Image may contain: text

This month's theme was so much fun--Brushos (my new favourite!) along with a stamp set from the annual catalogue.  It gave me a great reason to play around with an old favourite :)


I love this sentiment so much, as it's true...sometimes we all need shelter from the storm.  And don't you love the Brusho rainstorm?!  Here's how I did it (be prepared, it's messy!):


I started by taping a piece of watercolour paper to a sturdy piece of cardboard with low tack masking tape.  Then I partially cut out an umbrella (using the matching die for the stamp set) from a piece of painters edging tape (that wide roll you use to protect your baseboards), masking out the area that I didn't want to have any "rain" in.  And then the fun began!  I used my aquapainter to lay down some water on the top portion of my paper, and sprinkled some yellow and blue brusho crystals on top.  Behold--the magic of Brusho!!

I'm not going to lie, it's a hot mess at this point.  Don't be discouraged.  :)

I added some more water and held the paper up perpendicular to my work surface, and let gravity take it from there.  After it was dry I removed the masked piece and here is what I was left with:


I cut my finished piece down to size and adhered it to a Basic Black mat, and then onto a Real Red card base.  I heat embossed my sentiment in white on a small banner of Basic Black and added some sequins to the other end to balance it out, adhering it across the front piece about 1" from the bottom.

I also heat embossed my umbrella in white on a piece of Real Red cardstock, and die cut it with the umbrella die.  I cut the umbrella handle from a piece of the wood DSP (it looks so real!).  I popped it up on my card front with dimensionals.  Here's a close up:


And a final look at the whole card front:


On the inside I stamped a coordinating sentiment, "I'm here for you", in Basic Black, along with a Real Red umbrella and some floating hearts.

 
I think this is a card that is sure to help the recipient feel loved and cared for.
 
Please keep hopping to see what my teammates created this month!
 
JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)
 
And please pop by on Sunday evening when I post my next regular blog with my newest creation. :)
 

 Barb
 
 
 

Product List

6 comments :

  1. Cool technique Barb - thanks for sharing the "how to".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you inspired me with your painters tape idea!

      Delete
  2. How creative! You inspired some ideas, can’t wait to go try them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete
  3. What an awesome technique! I may just give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this is simply amazing! I absolutely LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete