MENU

Wednesday 15 November 2023

Stamping Symphony Tags/Packaging InstaHop

The countdown to Christmas is dwindling quickly, so this month's Stamping Symphony tags/packaging Instahop theme has perfect timing!  As my kids have gotten older gift cards have become our go-to holiday gift, but I still want Christmas morning to be special and a gift card tucked in the tree just isn't cutting it.  Last year I made these amazing exploding boxes, and my kids are still talking about them!  So this year I decided to carry on with that theme, and I designed this Gift Card Book:


When I was a kid we used to get these Life Savers Story Books that contained all these fun flavours you couldn't get any other time of the year.  Do they still make these?!  Regardless, that is what I thought of when I sat down to design my project this month.  

My Gift Card Book has hard chipboard covers that I decorated with a mix of white cardstock and papers from the Merry Bold & Bright DSP pack.  The book is tied closed with some satin ribbon from my stash, and I decorated the front cover using the Christmas Classics Dies and White Embossing Powder.



Inside, the open book holds three gift cards, and three boxes with pull-out drawers:


To make each gift card holder I took a piece of Basic White Cardstock that was 2.25" x 5", and scored at 0.5" on 3 sides.  These folded pieces form the holder, and the three sides are glued to the inside cover (I just spaced them out evenly, making sure that the top holder was low enough that the gift card didn't peek out over the top of the cover).

There are also three mini boxes inside the book, which can be used to package small gifts or chocolate/candy--all also a big hit with teens!  I followed a tutorial from Chic'n Scratch for this part, and you can visit her blog here.  The box is formed from a piece of 8" x 3-1/8" cardstock that is scored at 2-1/16", 3-9/16", 5-5/8" and 7-1/8".  The drawer is formed from a 6" x 5" piece of cardstock that is scored at 1.5" on all four sides.  It is a tight fit, so after forming both pieces I played with sliding the drawers in and out multiple times, to loosen the fit a bit.

So there you have it, a fun and unexpected way to package 6 gifts in one impactful way!

I do hope you like this project, and I'd love to hear from you below.  Then please head over to Instagram to see how the rest of our team can inspire your holiday packaging this year!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment