MENU

Friday 25 November 2022

Stampin' Friends Tags, Boxes & Bags Blog Hop

Here we are with our final blog hop of 2022 already!  This was a really fun one, with a theme of tags, boxes and bags.  I made this amazing explosion box that I converted into a gift card or money holder.  As the mom of teens I know gift cards are high on the list (or the only things on the list!), but I still want it to be fun to "open" a present on Christmas morning.  This fits both bills!




The box itself is very simple to make.  I started with a piece of 12"x12" Basic White Cardstock and scored it both directions at 4" and 8", so I ended up with a three-by-three grid.  Then I scored a diagonal line on all four corner pieces, and trimmed them corner to corner to create triangles.  These fold the opposite direction from the sides of the box, so the box builds to the inside like this:


Decorating is always the most fun part, and this box has SO MUCH real estate to add pretty papers and embellishments to!  I added 3.75" squares of various patterns from the Santa Express DSP pack on both the inside and outside of my box, matted on 3-7/8" squares of Petal Pink and Shaded Spruce Cardstock panels.  To mat the triangles I cut the 3.75" squares in half diagonally, and I didn't mat those pieces so the corners didn't become bulky.

I added a pocket to each side which will hold various gift cards and some cash.  

I also made an adorable Santa train treat holder for the centre of the box, by fussy cutting two trains from the Santa Express DSP and gluing them to an open box I made from Basic White Cardstock.  It easily holds three yummy chocolates, and sits on a snowy mat that I created with Puff Paint.

It all folds up neat and tidy into a box and is held closed with a 4-1/8" square lid and a White Frayed Ribbon bow.  I added a gift tag made from the one of the Santa Express Memories & More cards and a Petal Pink Cardstock tag from the Tailor Made Tags Dies.


I'll be making several more of these for Christmas gifts this year, I hope you will too!  The possibilities are endless.  Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you'll leave me a comment and then continue along the hop to see the other amazing projects we have for you today.

Happy Crafting,
Barb







4 comments :

  1. Love it! My grandsons are teenagers, so I can identify--gift cards or cash are high on their lists! Love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!! I love this box...am thinking of working a way into making them for our table seating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous box. You make it look so easy and quick to make!

    ReplyDelete