MENU

Sunday 5 November 2023

Creation Station Containers & Vases Blog Hop

With Halloween in our rear view mirrors we are headed full speed into the holiday crafting zone!  This month's Creation Station blog hop theme--Containers & Vases--really made me get creative, and I hope my project makes sense.  :)

I don't have a single stamp set that has a container or a vase--can you believe it?!  So I decided to make my own!  This roll up box is full of fun, candy, and holiday tags, making it the perfect companion for your gift wrapping session this year.


Thank you for stopping by today, and for those of you joining me from Sara Nell Langland's blog, welcome!  I do hope you will all keep hopping on to see the rest of the projects the Creation Station Design Team has for you this month, by clicking the link at the end of my post.

My "container" has a surprise element--check out this video to see it in action!


Isn't that cool?!  Here is the box opened up:

The "box" is actually four small boxes attached to each other in a way that they roll up into one big box--it totally reminded me of the Transformers toys from my childhood!  I found this idea on Pinterest and headed straight away to Mixed Up Craft's blog to see how she created this amazing box (make sure you check out her assembly video).  Once I understood the construction, I made some changes to the dimensions so that I could maximize my Merry Bold & Bright DSP.  

My dimensions are:

  • Inner Boxes:  Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock: 8.5" x 10.5" (4 pieces), scored at 2", 4", 6", 8", and 10" on the long side, and at 2" on each end of the short side.
  • Handle:  Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock:  4.5" x 4", scored at 2"
  • DSP: 1-7/8" x 4-3/8" (16 pieces)
  • DSP: 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" (8 pieces)
  • Belly Band:  Poppy Parade Cardstock: 3" x 11", with DSP pieces of 2-7/8" x 4.5" (2 pcs) and 
  • 2-7/8" x 4" (2 pieces)

The box is held together with a belly band, which is always so much fun to play with.  To decorate my belly band I used
White Frayed Ribbon and then layered on the thin Black & White Buffalo Check Ribbon.  My sentiments are from the Christmas Classics Stamp Set and are heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on Basic Black Cardstock.  The small tag die is from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set, and the white and black labels are from the Christmas Classics Dies.  I also stamped, coloured and die cut some holly leaves from that stamp set to tuck behind my sentiment label, which I think really makes it pop!  And my holly berries are made using Pearlized Enamel Effects.



For the blog hop theme we were to fill our "containers" with stamped items, so that gave me the idea to add a bunch of stamped tags to two of the inner boxes.  I don't know about you, but I wrap all of my holiday gifts in one long session (with a Hallmark movie or two playing in the background), so adding some sugar sustenance along with the gift tags seemed like the perfect combination!





The tags are two different styles, but a matching set to each other and the box, and use the same Christmas Classics Stamps and Tailor Made Tags dies:



This roll up box was so much fun to make--and even more fun to play with once it all came together!  I hope you'll give it a try yourself, it's actually quite simple to make but carries a BIG impact.


Be sure to keep the fun going by heading to Denita's blog and seeing what she has for you today!

Happy Crafting,
Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment