MENU

Friday 27 October 2023

Stampin' Friends Thankful For You Blog Hop

Fall is fully upon is here in Ontario and I love looking at all the gorgeous colours.  They were the inspiration behind my card for this month's Stampin' Friends Thankful For You Blog Hop:



Thank you so much for joining me today!  If you've arrived here from Tiziana's blog as part of our hop, welcome.

I just don't think there is anything prettier than the reds, oranges and yellows of Fall!  To create my autumn-hued card I started with a card base of Copper Clay Cardstock (4.25" x 7.5", scored at 5.5").  I also cut a piece of the same colour that was 2"x 4.25", which I used to create the bottom of the fun fold.


The gorgeous paper in the All About Autumn DSP pack doesn't need anything added to it to stand out.  I layered one of the photographic leave images on Pebbled Path Cardstock, and then glued those layers onto the card base.

For my focal image, I stenciled Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Inks using the hounds tooth pattern in the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks to create a fall-inspired ombre background.  I then die cut a scalloped border using the Scalloped Contour Dies, and layered that onto a mat of Pebbled Path Cardstock.

That gorgeous fall foliage is from the Magical Meadows Dies.  I die cut each piece from watercolour paper and then added my colours in a watercolour wash.  They are bundled up and tied with a Linen Thread bow.   For a final touch I splattered some ink from my Basic Black Blends too.


To anchor my foliage I die cut a pierced circle from the Stylish Shapes Die, and then stamped an image and sentiment from the Timeless Arrangements Stamp Set.  The sentiment is stamped in Pebbled Path Ink, and I created an ombre ink pad for the image by stamping it first in Crushed Curry Ink, and then stamping about half of the stamp into my Cajun Craze Ink pad.  You could also blend the two inks onto the stamp using sponge daubers.


For some bling, I added the super sparkly Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems in the gold colour--LOVE them!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed my project.  Please leave me a comment and then keep the fun going by heading to Maureen at the link below:

Happy Crafting,
Barb


3 comments :

  1. So pretty - I love split cards - your stenciling really made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is a beautiful card! I love the colors and the layering used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this card! I knew I could use Magical Meadows Bundle for more than just winter cards.

    ReplyDelete