MENU

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Mini Catalogue Instahop

I love when a hop theme is as broad as "mini catalogue"--there are so many options to choose from!  You are sure to see a huge variety of inspiration this month with the Stamping Symphony Instahop.  I chose to feature the On The Ocean Bundle, which I think is a hidden treasure in the January - June Mini!

I don't usually gravitate to the realistic stamp sets, but with the support of my enabler (aka my sister) I went ahead and took the plunge with this amazing stamp set and die bundle.  The real selling point for me were the ship builder dies--I knew they would be fun to play with it and I was not disappointed!

I started with a Thick Basic White Cardstock base and added a panel of Bermuda Bay paper from the huge (48 sheets!!) Dandy Designs 12x12 DSP pack....which is FREE with a $120 purchase during Sale-a-bration!  The variety of colours and patterns in this pack is amazing.  My panel is 3" x 4.25", glued flat to my card base to anchor my focal image.

Speaking of focal image, there is so much to see in this one!  

The scene unfolds on a piece of Basic White Cardstock that is 3.25" x 4.5" (matted on a narrow Night of Navy Cardstock mat).  I stamped the wave image from the On The Ocean Stamp Set at the bottom of the panel in Night of Navy Ink, and then moved up stamped the waves again in Bermuda Bay Ink.  I think this really speaks to how water is actually many shades in one.  I then used my Blending Brushes and added soft colour over the stamped images, to remove any white from showing at the bottom of my panel.

The clouds are from the On the Ocean Stamp Set and were stamped in Pool Party Ink, with some Night of Navy birds added to the sky.

The real fun part was piecing together this amazing ship!  The boat itself is die cut from Soft Suede Cardstock with the On The Ocean Dies, as is the mast.  I added some shading to the ship with my Bronze Stampin' Blends marker.

I love that the sails are a separate die, so that you can add different colours and textures to them.  I die cut my sails from Very Vanilla Cardstock and then embossed them with the Gingham Embossing Folder.  It really adds a lot of life to them!  Finally, I used my Ivory Stampin' Blends marker to add some shading to the sails.  LOVE it!

My sentiment is heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on a Bermuda Bay Cardstock square that I die cut with the Stylish Shapes Dies, which adds that fantastic piercing around the edge.

For the inside I repeated the waves from the front panel, and I left lots of space to add a sentiment and personal note for the recipient.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please be sure to head over to my Instagram and join the Instahop to see what everyone else made for you this month!

Happy crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment