MENU

Sunday 5 February 2023

Creation Station Sweet & Simple

My goodness, here we are in February already!  The time is flying, so our Creation Station theme of "Sweet & Simple" will be a great source of inspiration for when you don't have hours (or days!) to create a special handmade card.



I went with a simple double Z-Fold for my project today, which always seems more complicated than it is!  I also used a piece of Dainty Flowers DSP (a free Sale-a-bration product) that does all the work for me.


My Thick White card base is 5.5" x 8.5" and scored on the long side at 2-1/8" and 4-1/4".  The first score line is folded to form a mountain, and the second score line is folded to form a valley, so the card collapses onto itself and will fit in a standard envelope.

The "double" part of this fun fold comes from having a second base piece that is scored with different measurements.  I started with a piece of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock that is 1.25" x 8.25" and scored at 4-1/8" and 6-1/4".  

This gorgeous picture-like DSP didn't need anything to distract from it!  I started with a piece of Dainty Flowers DSP cut to 5-3/8" high, and then cut the following pieces IN ORDER, so that the picture continues across the card:  2", 2", and 4-1/8".

My sentiment is from the Good Feelings Stamp Set and is stamped in Rich Razzleberry Ink, on a Stitched Rectangles Die cut piece.  I added some Glittered Organdy Ribbon behind my sentiment (which is also stamped with some flowers from the Sentimental Park Stamp Set), and some Adhesive-Backed Milky Dots.

I didn't want to interrupt my scenic DSP, so instead I decorated the back of my card base with a sentiment, some more flowers, and lots of space to write a personal note to the recipient.

Life's complicated, but our creations don't always have to be!  Follow along to the other hoppers today to see more Sweet & Simple projects, starting with Mikaela at The Crafty Oink Pen by clicking the button below:


Happy Crafting,
Barb




1 comment :