MENU

Saturday 17 July 2021

Summer Celebration (TGIF Challenges #TGFIC325)

Ah these long summer days....can't get enough of them.  So this week's TGIF Challenge was a perfect way to commemorate summer before it's over.  And with COVID restrictions finally easing this weekend, we are on our way to celebrating with friends and family again soon!  

Stampin' Up! Inspiring Canopy


Is there anything better than a summer sunset?  I love sitting on my deck in the evening and watching the beautiful skies as dusk falls.  I used the alcohol ink technique to create my sunset rectangle with a mix of Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Mango Melody and Granny Apple Green Blends.  I layered that on a Stitched Rectangle die cut from Whisper White cardstock.

I used the Inspiring Canopy Dies to create my gorgeous summer tree.  The leaves are cut from Pear Pizzazz cardstock that I inked with Garden Green using my Blending Brushes.  The tree trunk is cut from Soft Suede cardstock that I fussy cut from the "forest" on the die to get a single tree.  I added the tree to my sunset with dimensionals for some depth and realism.

The Black & White Ribbon is new in the July - December mini catalogue--I know I will be using it LOTS!  It was the perfect pop to my focal image, especially when paired with a white heat embossed sentiment on a black label (from the Many Messages stamp set and coordinating Messages Dies).

I also dry embossed a white panel with the Hammered Metal 3D embossing folder for some added texture to the background...although I may make another version with the Stitched Leaves Die too, I think it would complement the card really well. :)


Some rhinestones add just a little bling to set off the sparkling sunset!

Alcohol Ink Technique


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today.  I'd love if you would leave a comment below!

Happy Crafting,

Barb




2 comments :

  1. This card is gorgeous! I am in love with that background you created! I also love all the depth you added to the tree with the sponging of ink, as well as the use of dimensionals to pop it up! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work of art with us over at TGIF Challenges! We hope to have you create with us again!💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolynn, TGIF is always a great inspiration!

      Delete