MENU

Friday 6 August 2021

Be Cool Be Chill Be Merry

This little penguin and his (free) matching Penguin Playmates paper is truly the most adorable thing I have seen for the holidays!   All you need is black ink and the coordinating punch and you can make a whole waddle (that's what a group of penguins on land is called, as if they couldn't get any cuter!).  And if you grew up playing with paper dolls like I did, all of the included accessories in the stamp set amp up the fun even more.

Penguin Place

I made this fun fold to show off both sides of the beautiful Sale-A-Bration paper.  Score a 5.25" x 12" strip of DSP at 4" and 8", and then trim from the 2nd score line out to the edge at an angle.  I wanted the side of my card to be 3" high, so I marked that on each outside edge, and cut away from the score line to that mark on each side.  I mounted this scored and folded paper to a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" Rich Razzleberry cardstock.

Penguin Place

You don't have to use a belly band with this fun fold, but it gave me some real estate to play with without completing covering the pretty paper.  I used the same Rich Razzleberry cardstock as my base and cut it 1.5" wide, then wrapped it around my card and glued the ends together.  I added another piece of the Penguin Playmates DSP to the front to hide the seam, and then added some matching Fresh Freshia ribbon tied in a pretty bow.  I also added a scalloped border (from the Penned Flowers Dies) in the amazing new Be Dazzling Paper (also FREE!).  I'm going to use every little bit of this paper, I can tell.

Next came the penguins!  The Penguin Builder Punch makes this so easy.  I stamped three penguins in Memento Black ink, and then punched out their cute little bellies from white cardstock and layered them on top with dimensionals after adding their little beaks in Calypso Coral.  I also used Calypso Coral ink for their webbed feet, which I glued directly to the back of their bodies with TomBow Adhesive.

I gave each penguin a different colour of matching hat and scarf, drawing lines on the scarf with a white gel pen so it matched the DSP.  I used Fresh Freshia, Soft Sea Foam, and Pool Party.

I added a matching gem stone as the pom pom on each hat for a little sparkle, and check out the black rhinestone eyes!!  I also gave theme some Petal Pink cheeks with my Blends, and a white gel dot for highlights. These little details make the penguins so interesting.

To help my penguins pop off the paper I used the new Tailor Made Tags dies to cut a tag from black cardstock.  I attached this to my belly band by running the ribbon through the hole in the top of the tag.  Originally I left the tag loose, but then I decided to glue it down on an angle....in hindsight I think I should have left it swinging!  

I decorated the inside of my card to match too!  A few colourful presents, a strip of black cardstock with white embossing...and check out the matching snowflake stamp!  I love this colour palette of non-traditional Christmas colours, especially the Fresh Freshia.

Do you prefer traditional holiday red/green projects, or do you like bright, non-traditional colours like these?  Comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Crafting,

Barb




No comments :

Post a Comment