MENU

Thursday 15 July 2021

Noel Tidings & Trimmings (Blog Hop)

We are already mid-month and more than half-way to Christmas--where is the year going?!!  It's time once again for our Stamping Symphony Blog Hop.  Our theme this month was to create a tone-on-tone card with a pop of colour, and which was just the inspiration I needed for this card:

Stampin' Up! Tidings & Trimmings

Using the new Tidings & Trimmings Bundle and coordinating Festive Foliage Background Stamp I was able to make a simple yet beautiful vintage-y looking card perfect for holiday giving. 

I started with a Crumb Cake top-folding card base (4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5").  I then took a Crumb Cake panel, cut to 4" x 5.25" and stamped it with the Festive Foliage stamp in Versamark ink.  I added White Embossing Powder and heat set the powder.  I never get tired of the magic of heat embossing!

I gently inked the edges of the panel all the way around with a sponge dauber and Crumb Cake ink, just to add a little shading.

My stars are cut from Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Whisper White cardstock and I used a mixture of images from the stamp set and the coordinating dies to mix-and-match.  I added a large Rhinestone to the centre of the smallest star for some holiday sparkle.

The sentiment also comes from the Tidings & Trimmings stamp set, which I again heat embossed in white on a strip of Crumb Cake.

My pop of colour is a bow of sheer Real Red ribbon (retired), but you could easily replace that with the Real Red Double-Stitched Satin Ribbon currently available.

The inside of my card is just as pretty as the front!  I stamped the sentiment (from the Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set) in Real Red ink, and then added a few more of the beautiful star stamped in Crumb Cake.

This card has lots of dimension and texture yet evokes a nostalgia that is a throw-back to the simplicity of Christmases of yore.  You can find all of the products to make this yourself in my online store.

Handmade Christmas Card

Be sure to hop along to see all the other great projects this month:

Leena – A La Cards


Happy Crafting,

Barb



4 comments :

  1. Love the Christmas card! Amazing job on the different tones with the red pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb - you nailed the theme to our hop! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete