MENU

Sunday 11 July 2021

Hand-Penned Petals Gift Set (3D Project)

You may have noticed that I use the Hand-Penned Suite....a lot.  :)  I have a few strong favourites in the new annual catalogue (I'm talking to you You're A Peach and Expressions in Ink!), but the products in the Hand-Penned Suite are in a solid first place.  The paper is so gorgeous, and I love the soft feminine results I get.  With the paper on sale this month, I purchased a few more packs and decided to make an 8-card gift set for someone special!

This amazing little "purse" holds all 8 cards and envelopes, and makes not only a super cute presentation but a beautiful way to display your cards until you send them.  


I followed this tutorial from Paper Pleasing Ideas with a few minor tweaks to make the holder from Fresh Freesia cardstock.  It was super easy!  I used a large piece of Hand-Penned DSP to cover the front and added a scalloped stitched rectangle (from the Scalloped Contour Dies set).  

I watercoloured a die cut background for the detailed floral die cut from the Penned Flower Dies, which was die cut form Thick Whisper White cardstock, using the same technique I showcased in our June Blog Hop here.  With some coordinating Fresh Freesia Ribbon and some Rhinestones, the holder was complete! 

I used a one-sheet wonder for the basics to make the 8 coordinating cards for the set.   I am determined to use every last inch of this gorgeous paper!!  It's difficult to see the dry embossing in the pictures, but I used a variety of Embossing Folders to add texture to each card as well.

Card 1:

Card 2:


Card 3:


Card 4:


Card 5:


Card 6:


Card 7:


Card 8:


I love to gift my completed cards and I think this matching gift set and holder really makes a beautiful presentation. 

It's been a while since  I made a 3D project and I have missed it!  It's so fun to see things come to life, and when it doubles as something practical and pretty, you can't lose!  Do you make 3D projects?  

Happy Crafting,

Barb


2 comments :

  1. This is stunning! Do you have the template for the one sheet wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I modified a OSW I found on Pinterest, adapting it to fit the paper scraps I had.

      Delete