MENU

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Pierced Blooms Celebration

It's #wowWednesday time again, and I am super excited to showcase this fun pull out card I made with the Fine Art Floral DSP and Pierced Blooms dies.  They aren't part of the same suite of products, but like so many of Stampin' Up! products, I think they coordinate together beautifully.


At first glance this looks like a regular card, but when you open it, WOW!


It pulls out to show off your pretty paper, stretching to 13.5" wide!

I love to layer all the flowers and greenery from the die set to make piles of flowers....I can't keep real flowers alive, so this is the next best thing to a garden blooming. :)


The pull out piece is created by scoring a 4" x 12" strip of pretty paper every 3" and creating an accordion fold (where the folds line up on top of each other).  For some added interest I trimmed the first and last section of the DSP on the diagonal, from about 2" up to the top of the first score line.  You could definitely leave it squared off though.


I chose to decorate each scored panel with a different colour I pulled from the DSP (Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Night of Navy, and white), cut with a stitched rectangle die.  To keep a cohesive and muted look I kept all of my flowers and leaves white and Pear Pizzazz, but if you wanted a brighter option you could mix and match all the petals too.




A unique fold with plenty of options to customize to your taste!

Happy crafting,

Barb




1 comment :

  1. Very pretty and so clever. And the paper does a lot of the work for you. Gonna give it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete