MENU

Thursday 15 April 2021

True Love (Blog Hop)

This month we are saying goodbye to so many amazing retiring products, including some of my favourites.  :(  I'm excited about all the new offerings that will be available next month, but am having one last round with each before these items retire forever.  So our blog hop theme this month, retiring products, worked perfectly into my plans!

The True Love DSP is a classic--beautiful florals in black and white, customizable to every project or amazing left as is.   For my card I chose a bit of both, keeping some of the paper uncoloured, and creating a raised coloured central focal point too.

True Love DSP

I started with a piece of True Love DSP cut to 5.25" x 4", and then cut out the centre with a Stitched Rectangle Die.  

True Love DSP

I coloured the stitched rectangle with my Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Blends, leaving the edges of the images untouched and blending the coloured edges with my Colour Lifter.  

I glued the "outer" rectangle to a top-folding card base that is 4.25" x 11", folded in half, and matted my coloured paper on a thin black mat.  This I adhered to the centre of my card on dimensionals, so that the coloured image pops out of the black and white background.

I heat embossed Thinking of You in white on a scrap of black cardstock and attached it to my cardbase with dimensionals as well.

For the inside of my card I used my very favourite Paper Pumpkin stamp set ever....this sentiment is just the perfect thing to say in a sympathy card, when you never have the right words.  I actually find I use my Paper Pumpkin sets all the time, they have great sentiments that are the perfect size.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, please continue hopping along to see everyone else's posts too!  And you can purchase all of the items I used on today's card in my online store, retiring items are while supplies last, so head there soon!


Leena – A La Cards

 Sandy – Lolly & Sand

 Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)

 Jen – StampingJen


Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment