MENU

Saturday 17 April 2021

Vintage Etched In Nature (TGIF Challenge)

This week's challenge at TGIF (#tgifc312) was to create a vintage-inspired card...this style is not usually in my wheelhouse but I really need a creative escape yesterday, so I decided to give it a whirl!  And I am very happy with how my card turned out.

Etched In Nature

Etched In Nature

I started with a thick white top-folding card base and used my Stitched Rectangles dies to cut out a window from the centre front.  I then cut a 4" x 5.25" layer from Petal Pink cardstock and stamped some twigs and randomly stamped a foliage image in Petal Pink ink for a tone-on-tone look.  I cut a slightly smaller stitched rectangle out of the centre of this piece too, and then dry embossed it with the Tasteful Textile 3D folder.  I then sponged Crumb Cake ink around the inside and outside edges to "age" it, and then adhered the layer to my card base.

I stamped the bird on a branch image in Crumb Cake ink and fussy cut around it, and then I decided to build my detailed bird a little nest!  I used the Pierced Blooms and Forever Fern dies to cut multiple leaf pieces from both white and vellum cardstock. 

Etched In Nature

I added some crumb cake flowers with pearl centres to the branch as well.  And as a final touch I tied a double-bow with the Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim, and added a second bow of Linen Thread to complete the vintage-feel.


The centre window looks into a secondary card base I placed on the inside.  This is side-fold notecard cut a little smaller and stamped with that same foliage image in Crumb Cake, so that it peeks through to the front.  It opens up to reveal some more stamping on the inside, my sentiment, and space to write a personal message to the recipient.




Here's one final look at the completed project:


Thanks for checking out my vintage-inspired card today, I hope you step out of your creative comfort zone and challenge yourself to make something too!



Happy Crafting,
Barb










1 comment :

  1. Really beautiful card with amazing attention to detail. I love the soft color palette and tone on tone images. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete