MENU

Monday 3 June 2019

In Colours with Kylie's Blog Hop

I've been spending time getting to know the five new In Colours from Stampin' Up! this week, and they complement some of our forever colours so beautifully.  I decided to enter this card into Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Hop, so if you enjoy it as much as I do please consider voting for me here http://bit.ly/KyliesInternationalHighlightsJune2019VoteformeHere


I actually started with Terracotta Tile and paired it with Petal Pink....and then couldn't stop!  Is there anything more fun than making the same card in a variety of colours? :)  And with the coordinating linen ribbon and DSP these cards came together in a flash.


Introducing the 2019-2020 In Colours:

Pretty Peacock (with Blueberry Bushel)

Purple Posy (with Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape)

Seaside Spray (with Pacific Point)

Rococco Rose (with Blushing Bride)

Terracotta Tile (with Petal Pink)

I started each card with a Thick Whisper White base scored into a "fancy fold"--a twisted gate fold, with one side being 1.5" wide and the other 2.75" wide.  Here is a visual of how the cards open:


I layered each front panel with a piece of coordinating DSP.  This double-sided paper made it super easy to get two matching patterns for my card front, but I debated for a while about whether to use just one pattern instead.  I'm happy with my final choice to use both.  :)

I stamped the image from Painted Harvest in two colours, using the lightest colour for the bigger stamp and the darker colour on the small one.  The inside of each flower is Crumb Cake.  There is so much dimension to this set even without using two colours, but I really wanted to highlight how well the new colours pair with some existing favourites.


I cut the stamped image with the stitched squares dies and then layered that on a piece of matching cardstock.  Before I mounted that to the Crumb Cake square with dimensionals I added a "Z" of matching Scalloped Linen Ribbon.  It really is so pretty.


I have had a hard time trying to choose my favourite card from this set, but I think I have it narrowed down to the Purple Posy or Pretty Peacock...or Seaside Spray....

Which one is your favourite?

Barb

PS  I'd appreciate your vote for me here http://bit.ly/KyliesInternationalHighlightsJune2019VoteformeHere 









9 comments :

  1. Love how you've showcased the new In Colors, Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's always fun to make a rainbow!

      Delete
  2. What a great card to display the in colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...same card in different colours. My favourite is the terracotta tile! Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! It's so hard to pick a favourite when all the colour choices are so great!

      Delete
  4. Awesome cards. I have to remember them.
    Waltraud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are very simple to make but that fun fold makes them special.

      Delete
  5. Very cute and clever cards! I can't wait to try making some. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete