MENU

Tuesday 28 May 2019

First sneak peek of Over the Moon

You know how that old saying goes....you can take the girl out of the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the girl?  Or something like that.  :)  The new Over the Moon stamp set sure appealed to my farm roots and I just had to have it.  Holstein cows, here we come!


I just received this set on Thursday and I have already made....6 cards with it!  Those sweet cows are so much fun to colour ( I even made some Jersey cows, but don't tell my dad) :)

I'd like to say that this one is my favourite so far, but honestly, I LOVE them all.  I'll have all my cards on display at my Open House and BOGO Free sale on June 22, so you can stop by and pick your favourite.  I see a class in my future!

I chose to highlight this particular card because it was SUPER simple to create but I think it has a ton of impact because of the colour scheme.  You can't go wrong with black, white and red for a cow card. 

I created my own background with white embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock and I think those cows really pop!  I added a strip of Cherry Cobbler and some matching ribbon--aren't those little x's too sweet?  This ribbon retires May 31 but there is still some in stock, get yours now!



I used my Blends to colour the cow image--if you haven't tried them out yet, you need to come to my classes!  They are so easy to use and you can get great shadowing with just 2 markers and a little practice.  Easy-peesy.  Even easier--cutting her out with the stitched circles dies.

I decided to leave the card front sentiment-free, but inside I stamped "You're udderly fantastic" in Cherry Cobbler, with another cow peeking in from the bottom corner.  Because who doesn't love a cow pun?!



It literally took 10 minutes to make this card, but I just love it.  Rest assured some of my other samples are....let's just say, more complicated.  You have to have a herd on at least one card.  Maybe watch for a sneak peek of that one on Thursday. ;)


Hope you are having a great week!

Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment