MENU

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Wood Texture DSP Final Farewell

I have adored the Wood Textures DSP since it was released, and have used it in many, many (many!) projects.  I loved it so much that I couldn't throw out the small scraps that were left at the end of each project--you just never know, right?!  So in a salute to the now-sold out paper I decided to show how I used my scraps and every last bit of this DSP.

Missed getting some for yourself?  I have an unopened pack and a partial pack that I will be selling at my Open House and BOGO sale next month.  :)



Barnwood walls are all the rage, why shouldn't that be reflected on a card too?  :)

I actually made this background many months ago and then set it aside to finish, wanting to get the right inspiration for the final look.  I really like how it turned out in the end, and I think the wood wall look really shines on this card.


I embossed the sentiment in gold on Early Espresso cardstock and then punched it out with the Story Label punch (available June).  I used a little trimming trick to make a "shadow" layer for the punch, which helps stretch your punches further (pun intended!).  Basically you punch two labels out of a coordinating colour, and cut one label in half horizontally and one in half vertically, and then piece them back together, widening them to get the layered look.  You really have to look very closely to see that it isn't one solid piece.

I added some gold thread (also retiring, boo hoo) and some leaves and twine to complete the card front.

Although this DSP is already sold out I will be selling mine at my Open House and BOGO Sale on June 22, so stop by to get some for yourself!  Click on the "Open House and BOGO Sale" tab above to see the details.


One last look, have a good week!

Barb





No comments :

Post a Comment