MENU

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Stampin' Up! Falling Flowers (Stamping Symphony Blog Hop)



Hi Everyone, and welcome to another Stamping Symphony blog hop!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Our theme this month was to use a retiring set, and I paired that with my theme for my technique class at the end of the month (vellum) to create this project:


There is just something about the combination of soft pink (this time Powder Pink, a retiring In Colour) and pale green (Soft Sea Foam) that makes my senses sing!


I embossed a panel of vellum with the Tin Tile folder (thankfully NOT retiring!) and adhered it to my base.  I added some pretty white and pink flowers from the Falling Flowers stamp set (cut with matching dies) and a sentiment in green, with "sympathy" die cut from the matching cardstock.


I really like the mix of colours and die cuts.


I stamped a few more flowers on the inside of my card, and an incredible sentiment from a Paper Pumpkin kit that reads:  "The loss is immeasurable but so is the love left behind."  It doesn't get more truthful than that, does it?  I often forget about my paper pumpkin sets but I am trying a new storage system for them with the idea that seeing is using....I'll share it with you down the road if it works out as well as I hope it does.  :)

Here's one more look before I point you to the others hopping along today: 



JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)


Want to play with vellum too?  Join my class on May 30 to make this card and two others highlighting vellum and all its uses!  RSVP here to save your seat.  

Barb








1 comment :

  1. Thanks Steph! My favourite colours but they photograph so light!

    ReplyDelete